What Should Have Never Happened...Happened Chapter Seven

Start from the beginning

"That sounds like a great idea, what do you plan on doing man?" Nick asked and Greg cleared his throat.

"Let's all head to this new bowling alley my uncle opened downtown, catch a movie and have dinner after? You guys can even invite some of your friends because the more the merrier right?" Greg told Nick and Carla.

"That's not a bad idea Greg, I'll text Genevieve and Farrah to come join and you can text Curtis and Max."  Carla said to Nick who just smirked in reply.

"Yay! We haven't done this in a while." Kylie chirped and we all chuckled.

"Let's get ready!" Casey said and got off the couch ready to get dressed for the evening and so were we.

----------------------------------------

I didn't actually think that everyone's Sunday would be as boring because all of Nick and Carla's friends that they'd invited were here and some of their friends brought friends. At first it was a couples match. Nick and Carla, Max and Lily, Caleb and Ashley, Genevieve and Jared, Farrah and Oli and Kylie and Casey.

Kurtis, Greg and I were the only partner-less people who came so we decided to sit down for that game. I was beginning to loath Kylie so much. Why did she have to pick Casey out of all those people who have expressed their interest in her. I mean I wanted to bowl with Casey too. And I probably share more memories with him so I deserve to be clingy towards him right?

"This sucks, we can be a couple." Greg said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"We're not a couple you bozo, we're a threesome, a trio." Kurtis said and Greg huffed.

"Hey guys, why not we make it a game between the seniors and uh... you guys?" Kurtis suggested and Kylie turned around to give him a questioning look.

"That's not fair, there's more of you guys than us." She said which only made him chuckle.

"Okay fine, I'll be on your team just to make things fair." He said and walked over to my side.

"We are so going to lose." I muttered and Kurtis held my shoulder.

I eyed him warily when he leant in to my ear and whispered, "Don't worry babe, they got nothing on us".

"Alright the scoreboard have been updated you guys." Greg announced and Nick took that as his cue.

"You guys are going down. Especially you Ward." He said.

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you Montgomery, I'm a pro." Kurtis replied with his arms crossed. Nick chuckled and flipped him the bird before taking his turn.

As the game progressed, Nick's team had beaten us by four points. The win was very much predictable because he had Casey and he was amazing. I didn't even know that he still remembers how to bowl. I'm not trying to say that my team sucked, I think I speak for everyone when I say that Kurtis had helped us a lot. I would never doubt his bowling skills but Casey was just a bit better.

We were having so much fun bowling we lost track of time and forgot that we had a movie to catch. We all decided to go to dinner because we were all feeling quite tired. When we were at the restaurant, we all got lucky because we found a table to fit all of us comfortably. For the first time tonight, I got a chance to sit next to Casey and happy is a perfect word for explaining my feelings about it.

"Hey Casey, you should really sign up for the team. You look like you play." Max suddenly spoke.

"Yeah, a spot opened up because Dirk moved away." Kurtis added.

"Wait, Casey can you even play?" Carla asked and everyone looked at him.

"Well I've never really played football but I've played rugby." He replied and Caleb made a look.

"You play rugby? Dude that shit is harsh." He said making everyone chuckle.

"Have you guys ever played? Though I assume Caleb has." He said and the boys shook their heads.

"Anyway, try outs is tomorrow after school. If you're interested, come by the field." Max said and Casey just nodded his head and said that he'll think about the offer.

"Hey Taylor, I hope you can come to our next practice!" Kurtis said with a smirk and I forze in my seat as everyone were looking at sceptically.

I wanted to strangle him right now. The only reason why I sat through the whole practice is because I needed to talk to Nick, and if Carla ever found out what Nick and I were talking about, I'm screwed. Instead of replying him with a yes or no answer like any normal person would do, I just chuckled awkwardly in reply. I decided to let it slide because he was probably just teasing me.

Time seems to fly by when you're having fun with your friends and we were now ready to go home. We all pitched in to pay for dinner and headed out to the parking lot to our cars. Suddenly Kurtis jumped from behind me and draped his arm across my shoulders.

"Do you need a ride?" He asks and I shook my head.

"It's okay, I brought my car." I replied and he pouted.

"Are you alright? You're acting so weird." I inquired with a raised eyebrow and he just laughed.

"I just wanted to drive you home that's all. Anyway, see you tomorrow, Taylor." He winked and walked off.

"What was that about?" Kylie asked and I shrugged my shoulders before getting inside my car and later so did she. Casey followed suit, sitting in the front passenger seat.

All throughout the ride back to my house, Kylie and Casey wouldn't shut up. They kept talking about how much she'd changed and she would explain how hard she worked for her current weight and what exercises and diets she had to endure. Casey kept saying what an amazing job she'd done and how much of a knockout she'd "blossomed" into in the last few years. His words, not mine.

By the time we had reached my house, I was so fed up with their 'more-than-friendly' talk with one another. I quickly shut off the engine of my car, slammed pulled my keys out and slammed the door shut and power-walked all the way to my room.

I hope they enjoy their alone time because I sure don't want to be a part of it. Right now, they're the last people I wanted to see in the world. Just when I'd finished changing my clothes, I went in bed and Kylie entered the room.

"Taylor, are you alright?" She asked, closing the door behind her.

"I'm fine." I replied her and turned around until I was laying on my side whilst pulling the blanket up to my shoulders. Can't she take a hint and leave me be for the night?

"Then why have you been giving me attitude?" She inquired

"It's nothing." I replied.

"You're such a crappy liar Taylor." She said and smacked my butt. I instantly sat up and turned to glare at her.

"What was that for?" I scolded her.

"That was for lying. Now tell me what's wrong." She demanded.

"Have you lost your mind? I told you nothing is wrong." I shouted.

"If nothing is wrong, why are you yelling at me?" She deadpanned, and I froze.

I froze not because she was scolding me but because her words had woken me out of my rampage. I looked up at my best friend's green eyes and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just- could you just leave me alone?" I said, not able to look up at her again.

Kylie was silent for a while and she sighed in annoyance.

"Whatever." She said.

I heard her footsteps head over to my door and she opened it and got out of my room. My mind was registering what had just happened between Kylie and I. I didn't want to come out so harsh to her and when I did, I couldn't stop myself. All I kept thinking was how great of a couple Kylie and Casey would be and how easily he would forget me.

I guess I can't take being in the friend zone after all.