The Royal Thrive - Chapter 29 - Overtaking Danger

Start from the beginning

Rogues have overtaken my pack house and territory. Somehow. 

Shifting into our wolves even though they obviously DONT catch attention - note the sarcasm since Nathan’s wolf is blazing on fire whilst mine is glowing in purple just like my eyes we ran back to the black jaguar. We could’ve ran all the way back to the Eclipse Moon Pack however the black jaguar could hide our scent, something specially created for royals to prevent danger. Jumping into the car Nathan picked up his speed and reversed the car around taking it back on the track to the Eclipse Moon pack territory. 

“Now I feel like a coward not walking in that pack house and get rid of them myself” I mumbled whilst having the emotion of defeat, I guess anyone would feel the way I do if your house is being invaded by rogues. “So do I but we can’t - no, we could take them on. However it is not guaranteed that they haven’t set traps up. Moreover-“ “You’re worried that history might repeat again like with Mina. Don’t worry that’s one of the reasons I’m willing to run as well” Accelerating at such a high speed everything becomes a blur and whilst Nathan is concentrating with driving I mind linked Noah. 

“Noah, Nathan and I smelt rogues camping out at my old pack house. We’re currently getting out of the territory now. Meet us at the border so we can discuss things as soon as-!”

“SHIT!” Nathan yelled as something huge crashes at the back of the car with the glass smashing into pieces. 

The rogues caught us.  

A few have already circled us growling, looking out I grit my teeth “Should we?” I asked as Nathan changed the gears quickly “No need.” Suddenly reversing backwards quickly and breaking sharply to the left the wolf at the top of the car was flung off to the ground. Changing gears once again Nathan charges through the wolves making them causing us on either side ready to leap, “Nathan we can’t beat them by just speed!” I yelled as I kept looking behind seeing more and more wolves gathering - how did this pack of rogues get so big? 

With another crash the windscreen smashed as glass cut us I gritted my teeth knowing that the only way out is to get rid of them however fighting them all at once will just be too long, we’re still quite far away from the Eclipse Moon pack we can’t simply wait. “Noah turn the car around” “We can’t!” He argued pressing on forward which I know will only cause nothing but death.

“I said turn the car!” 

Grabbing hold of the wheel I swing the wheel to the side whilst Nathan braked harshly making the car swing facing the wolves. “Set the car on fire” As reckless as it sounds it is our only way out, “Do you want to die? The car will explode if the fuel touches -“ Nathan looks at me and smirks understanding why I told him to do so, “Let’s gather them first” I nodded as Nathan nods as we step out with our hands in the air. “Royals” One of them growled as they all start to gather behind to who seems to be the leader of the pack, “We bring no harm” We tried as the wolves all of a sudden howl, a sign of laughter. They’re laughing at our attempt, how nice. 

“Face your death” The same wolf growls as he is ready to pound onto me and Nathan. 

Activating my telekinesis I was ready, “Nathan” I commanded who obeys my words and manipulates the fire on the car engulfing it into flames. “Kill them!” Racing towards us Nathan set a wall of fire in front of us whilst I launched the car that is now in flames towards the large pack of rogues whilst creating a leak in the engine with my telekinesis whilst hurling it at them. “Run” Nathan yelled as we both shifted quickly and bailed it, wasn’t too long to wait when a huge explosion engulfed a part of the forest on fire. The impact of the explosion was pretty big, we tumbled over because of it, wincing from the fall we looked back as Nathan scoffs “I hope that killed some of them” He mumbles as I stare at the blazing forest of fire, for some reason I feel something. Sadness and a feeling of betrayal. Something is drawing me in; it’s a strong pull. Coughing from the smoke my eyes become blurry, the feeling comes back again. 

The same feeling when I saw some of Nathan’s past. 

This time it was more horrific, I see a river with many wolves dead across it and inside it, making the river dyed red with their blood. My stomach churns at the scene as in front of me is a wolf with black fur that has a hint of red howling and nudging every member he comes across. 

No one will ever understand me

I can hear his thoughts, and pressing onto the side of my head I shake it away. I have decided.

“Nathan you go back to the Eclipse Moon pack” 

“Huh?” He mumbles as we both stayed in our wolf form - I look back at him before standing on my legs inching forward. 

“I need to go and find out something” Before he could say anything I ran back in the forest of fire, you can call me stupid however I can’t help it when those wolves said the word ‘royals’ so much hatred was dripping off those six letters. Moreover, I’m beginning to find more and more use of my telekinesis. I have already came up with a theory of why I could see images of people’s past and feelings; just like how I could see Nathan’s memories. I have to go and help them.

Before you leave please leave a vote and a comment below! This is the update for this week ^^