Chapter Twelve - I'm Falling For You

Danni's POV

My alarm rung out from my phone and I flung myself out of my bed, scampering over to it to turn it off. It was 8am. I couldn't help but smile the biggest I had ever smiled in such a long time. I was excited yet nervous. Today I would get to hang out with my favourite band and finally talk to Jack face to face. I looked at my lock screen wallpaper, which was a screenshot I'd grabbed of Jack when we video called on Skype that one time. I felt my eyes well up and I sniffled, taking a deep breath in and releasing it slowly. I moved over to my wardrobe and opened it up, pulling out some black skinny jeans, which were ripped at the knees and my All Time Low Barakat baseball shirt. I took the clothing with me downstairs ready to iron and was greeted by my dad in the kitchen who was making some breakfast. "Oh hello sweetie."
"Morning dad. Any news from mum?"

"No, not yet." He sighed. Since mum had gone to rehab he'd been really down. I could tell he felt alone, but he knew it was also for the best. "Felix told me you're going to hang out with the band today?"
"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you myself. I was busy last night."
"It's okay sweetie. I was busy myself." He took the toast and placed it on a plate, handing it to me. "Here, you need some food before you go." I smiled at him, giving him a small nod. I carried the plate and my clothing into the front room, setting it all down on the sofa. I didn't want to eat the toast. The excitement was taking over all my other bodily functions so I wasn't exactly hungry. I grabbed the ironing board and plugged the iron in, proceeding to iron my clothes. My dad walked in with his plate of toast and sat down. "You're smiling so much today. I'm glad you're getting this opportunity." I looked up at him whilst still ironing my clothes. "Thanks dad. I really can't believe it's happening."

"Did you want a lift down there today?"
"No I'll be fine. I like taking the train. It's just tomorrow after the show when me and Felix will need picking up from the venue."

"Okay, that's good. You have to be safe though okay?"

"I will, don't worry dad." I looked back down at my clothes, ironing the last creases out of my jeans and shirt. I unplugged the iron and sat down, nibbling at the corners of my toast fast so I at least eat something.

----

30 minutes later I was ready. My hair was in plaits and my fringe straightened to the side. I placed my red Pokémon snapback backwards on my head, which added to my rather pop punk look for the day. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I felt incredibly happy for once. I looked down at the scars on my wrists, slightly visible still but not unless you really looked hard. I was glad my baseball shirt had sleeves that came down just over my elbow, although I would have liked them to go all the way down my arms. I had the bracelet on that Jack had sent me though so it helped me feel a little better. I don't think I should really be bothered about it too much today though. I just needed to enjoy myself and live in the moment while I could. I received a text from Felix.

'Have fun today bb. You're going to have so much fun. Tell me all about it when you get home, whenever that will be. Also take lots of photos!'

I smiled. He was so excited for me. I couldn't wait to go to the show with him tomorrow, but for today, it was just me. I opened up Skype on my phone and decided to message Jack to see if he was awake and what was going on.

'Hey are you awake yet? I'm about to leave for my train shortly.'

I doubt he would be awake yet or any of the band. They'd be far too jet lagged. I rummaged through my backpack, making sure I had everything I needed. Everything was there so I slung the straps over my shoulders and made my way downstairs to say goodbye to my dad. "I'm off now."
"Awesome, have fun sweetie and make sure to text me later if you do need a lift home."