Chapter Ten - Three More Days

Hey guys! I haven't been on here and wrote anything for around 2 years which is insane, but I'm finally back!! I hope you enjoy this :)
___________________________________________________

Danni's POV

The entire night I didn't sleep. I kept thinking about Benji and how I watched him just fall to his death. It was like a constant repetitive murder scene in my head that I couldn't get rid of. I tried to think positively because I was getting to meet my favourite band in 3 days and hang out with them. I'd get to see Jack and thank him for all he's done for me. I sighed, gazing down at the dried scars on my wrist. I ran my fingers across them and wondered how I could stop myself from doing this. It was just approaching 7 in the morning now and I could see that Jack's Skype status was away, meaning he was most likely asleep. Sending him a message now wouldn't hurt. He'd see it when he wakes up.

'Jack I know you're probably asleep but I haven't slept at all and it's 7 in the morning here now. I'm trying to think of good things like seeing you in 3 days but it's not helping too much. I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about Benji.'

I pressed enter and the message sent to him. I had the day off college today just due to the fact I'd witnessed a death the day before. I was glad. I didn't want to be consoled or hassled about Benji's death. Ping! Jack had messaged me back.

'It's only 1 in the morning here. I'm normally awake around this time so it does no harm you messaging me at this time! I guessed you probably wouldn't get any sleep after something as bad as that happening, especially as you were there to witness it. But, you need to move forward from this or else your life will not progress. We use that exact quote for all of our music when we're in the studio if you try to think of it from that kind of view. I'm going to hug you so much when I meet you in 3 days. Just hang on and stay strong sweetheart. I am going to catch some sleep now anyway.'

Being in a different time zone to Jack was really weird, but really cool at the same time. I didn't bother sending a message back to him once I'd read his message. Letting him go to sleep was probably the best action for me to take, as I knew he would be getting a flight with the rest of the band to my country today. I fiddled with the bracelet around my wrist and smiled. The friendship that Jack and me were creating between us was something really special and I felt so lucky to have such a connection with my hero.

Jack's POV

I sat up in my bed watching Danni's Skype status go from available to away. She must have gone and tried to get some sleep. I should probably do the same considering I had to get a flight to England later today. I was excited about meeting her but more scared she wouldn't last 3 days with the stuff that was currently going on for her. I just had to encourage her enough to keep on going. I clicked on her profile photo and looked at it for a while. She seemed such a nice girl and I had no idea why anybody could be so mean to her. There was a feeling in the back of my mind that I liked Danni more than just a new friend. There was nothing wrong with it if I was attracted to her was there? She was of legal age and there wasn't that much of an age gap between us both. Jack what the hell are you saying to yourself? I looked at her profile photo again before closing my laptop and settling down into my bed sheets. I closed my eyes and drifted off, dreaming of the day we would finally meet.

Danni's POV

6 hours later I woke up. It was around lunchtime so I got myself out of bed and sat in front of my mirror, pulling the brush through my hair. I put on my slippers and made my way downstairs slowly, making sure the sleeves of my onesie covered my scars. "Hi sweetie. Sleep okay?" I just nodded. I didn't want to make my dad worry anymore than he probably was. "Are you sure?"
"Dad, I'm fine." I went into the kitchen and put some bread into the toaster, waiting for them to toast. He followed me in and leant against the cupboard beside me. "Your mum rang about an hour ago and said rehab is going well. It's the first time I've heard her sober talk for a while."

"That's good." The toast popped up and I grabbed it, buttering both slices before placing them on a small white plate. "Are you sure you're okay Danielle?"

"Dad I'm honestly fine. I won't be if you keep asking me though." I went into the front room and sat down on the sofa, eating my toast quietly. Of course my dad followed me in and sat down on the other sofa as he usually did. He switched on the television and the news was on. The news was normally boring, but the headline story today was of a snowstorm in America. Then it hit me. America. Jack. Planes. Snowstorm. All 4 of those things didn't mix well. "Is that going over Baltimore?"

"The snowstorm?" I nodded, my hands trembling a little. "Yeah looks like it. Why are you interested in Baltimore?"
"All Time Low are meant to be flying out of there today to come here for tour."
"Oh." The room went silent. My heart sunk. I knew that there was a high possibility they would be stuck there and the tour might be postponed. Of course I didn't want that to happen though. I wanted to meet my favourite band and my hero who had been helping me through life recently. "Don't worry sweetie. It shouldn't be too bad to cancel flights. They'll make it before tour."

"I hope so." As I eat my last piece of toast and watched the ongoing snowstorm scenes in America, I could only pray that they'd make it here in time for tour.