Chapter 4: The two sides of the same coin

Start from the beginning

She wasn't sure...

After her long shower, she dressed up in comfortable clothes and sat in her desk's chair, looking at the monitor which projected a screensaver of Adrien. Tikki came out of her little box and sat in top of the computer's mouse, quite sure Marinette was having some sort of panic attack.Not many seconds passed before Marinete broke the silence and stopped cringing.

"Oh my god Tikki, I freaking kissed him!" Marinette's own words made her tremble nervously. "Kiss? No... No... I Stole a kiss." with her voice almost fading she kept talking to herself, analyzing last night's recent event. "Much worse. I fucking told him I loved him oh my...." She covered her face with her hands, trying to calm down but pathetically failing at it. "I told him I..."

Tikki flew towards Mari and pulled her hand so she could see her face.

"Mari..." Tikki called her name to make her reason.

Biting her lip, she replied to Tikki's seriousness. "W-what?"

"I was in my box, so I don't know what happened after I left exactly but" She took a little pause. "You were burning in fever. Chat knows and he understands you weren't in your right mind at the time. If it wasn't for him you could have been discovered or even worse..." After a long pause, a little giggle escaped from her little mouth. "Although the look in his face when he saw you...when he saw the real you was quite hilarious." She looked at Marinette's blushing expression, looking even more red than Tikki.

"I don't understand how are you so calm, I wasn't supposed to reveal my identity to anyone. You said it to me once." She looked at Tikki confused.

Sighting, Tikki replied. "This wasn't anyone fault Marinette. The transformation just...cancelled. Your body rejected it suddenly. If it wasn't for him, you would still be on that roof freezing to death. He now knows who you are, but you have no idea of who he is right? At Least things are still kinda under control." Tikki stayed thoughtful for a second. "And I trust you're different Mari..."

Raising an eyebrow, she gently held Tikki in her palm, "Wait wait, what do you mean?"

"Do you think it's the first time a Ladybug or Chat Noir revealed themselves? In the past, there were many times when that brought problems and chaos. Even rivalry. My dear Marinette, sometimes ignorance is bliss. This way, I can make sure history won't repeat itself..." Tikki stayed quiet for a bit, as if she remembered something hurtful, but she quickly shaked that feeling away. "You two were chosen to protect Paris from hawkmoth, and if Ladybug and Chat Noir can't work as a team, then Hawkmoth will most definitely win. So the risk is not worth it. Thankfully, Chat just looked surprised...or even more in love I would say" She giggled again, Making Marinette fluster.

"D-do you think he knows me in real life?" Marinette raised her voice a bit from the nerves.

Laughing, she floated and gave a little flip. "Perhaaaps~" She said with a cute little rhythm.

"Is that a yes or a no?" Marinette looked eager for a response but Tikki just kept laughing.

Flying around playfully, Tikki changed the subject harshly. "Hehe, If I was you I would be more focused on that little love triangle you have there."

Standing up with her cheeks colored with a dark shade of red, Marinette crossed her arms. "It's not a love triangle!." she gulped. "Besides, I may be confused but I'm clearly aware that Adrien doesn't notice me at all."

"But Chat Noir does." Tikki mentioned with a little warm smile.

"I know... which is why I'm so confused. Why do i feel like I like them both anyways? I just wish it was all easier...Maybe if Adrien and Chat were the same person.... Agh, what am I even talking about! They are both clearly so different." She sat back down, spinning in the chair wildly. "And I don't like Chat." She added with a little pout.