chapter four-moving in

Talia's POV

Thirty minutes later, we pulled up outside a huge house. I stepped out of the minibus in awe, amazed at the perks of my mom's new job. We hadn't been told anything about the house, except the location. Now I know why. I shook a sleeping Lee awake and told him to look at our new house.

"No! You're messing with me!!" he exclaimed, giggling.

"Nu uh!" I denied, chuckling at his lack of trust.

"Go up to the door and ring the bell Talia!" mom called to me. I was confused because, as far as I knew, she was the one with the keys. I then noticed the twinkle in her eye, the one that appears when she's plotting.

Extremely cautiously, I walked up the drive, admiring the geraniums that lined the pale cobblestone. As soon as I reached the house, I rang the doorbell.

I heard a loud ding dong like an old bell. Seconds later, the door opened to reveal a curvy women who appeared to be in her mid-to-late fifties.

"Hello Miss Phelan! I am Kathleen, the cleaner. I'm here every Monday. Do your family need help with the bags?" She said in a happy voice. Just then, I heard a roar. I spun around to see a cart zooming down the driveway.

"Sorry ma'am, but who is that?" I asked Kathleen, alarmed at what had just happened.

"Please, call me Kathleen. He's Pete, my brother, he's helping you all unpack your stuff today," she smiled kindly. "Now, I'm going to let you by so you get best pick of rooms. Master room's for your mom though!"

I smiled back to her, attempting to match her cheery demeanor. I sprinted up the stairs, determined to get a good room.

I had a room chosen by the time Kathleen had let the boys past. My favourite room was on the top floor. The roof was slightly pitched on the inside and curved at the top of the room. It was therefore my first choice. But, if I couldn't have that room, I found a room with an en suite and dressing room that was very spacious and had a great view over the bay about nine hundred yards away.

"Mommy!" I called, trying to find my mom. "I think I found the room I want!"

"Okay! I'll meet you on the first landing in a sec!" She called back, sounding muffled.

I ran to the landing as fast as I could, which is pretty fast. I saw mom waiting there and I started to drag her towards the stairs.

"Chill, chill!" She chuckled, laughing at my haste.

"But if we don't get there, it might be bagsied!" I almost screamed.

We finally reached the top floor. I showed her the room I had claimed. She laughed when she saw.

"Honey! I had this room set up for you! The reason I kept the boys back was to tell them the top room was yours!"

"Oh," was all I said. Looking around, I saw the room had been designed with lots of blue, which is my favourite colour, but it also has a slightly feminine touch.

 Looking around, I saw the room had been designed with lots of blue, which is my favourite colour, but it also has a slightly feminine touch