chapter nine - the last few days (Theo's POV)

Thanks for 1.02k views! I love yous all!

Theodore's (Theo's) POV

Monday (Day of flight)

Something is up with Talia. I've thought something was wrong for a few weeks, but her snapping an elastic band on her wrist was confirmation. I told Talia that I would talk to her later. I hope it's nothing bad.

When Talia fell asleep on the plane, I started to whisper to Tom.

"Have you noticed anything off about Talia?" I quietly asked him, concern in my voice.

"Hmm, it's like she's hiding something. Have you seen anything?" Tom asked back.

"She's been snapping an elastic on her wrist. I've noticed it before I think. Should we try see what it is now?" My voice was extremely quiet, as I didn't want to wake her up.

"No. We'll talk to her later. Now." His voice raised. "Do you think I have a shot with that hostess, Polly?"

I rolled my eyes. "Betcha a tenner that you'll get rejected. Do you even have protection?" I said, confident he wouldn't have a chance, protection or not.

"Always prepared," he smirked, taking out his wallet.

"Dude!" I chuckled. "That's gross!"

"At least I won't get anyone pregnant!" He realised here that he had made a mistake when I glared at him.

"Piss off! I honestly cannot care less if you get laid or not. At least I have someone who loves me!" I growled lowly. Hey! It's not my fault he provoked me!

"Fine! Maybe I will!" With that, he stomped of in a mood. God bless whoever he marries, if he marries!

I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

An hour later

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I had a feeling that Tom was mad. I looked over and smirked.

"Rejected, huh? You'll get over it," I reassured him. It's happened plenty of times to me after Brianna was born. I don't care though. She is adorable.

That earned me a glare and a smack on the arm. Talia was still asleep. She looked so peaceful and serene. I pained me to think of what s she was going through.

"Please be alright Tali-bird," I murmured as I kissed her forehead.

Suddenly, I thought of something terrible. Think worst-case-scenario. I panicked and quickly logged onto the plane's WiFi. Opening the incognito mode, I searched it up. My eyes widened at what I saw. Symptoms, types, what they use, triggers. It broke my heart.

"Tom. It's not possible, is it?" My voice was hoarse and I could tell that I was on the verge of tears. I only cry when it comes to my triplets. Rarely when it comes to my family.

Tom looked over at my phone. He started to scroll down the page.

"No. No no no no. No! This can't be happening. She's fine. She's great. Nothing is wrong. Everything is normal," he sounded as if he was convincing himself, more than anything. I climbed out of the row of seats and made my way to the toilet, tears threatening to spill with each step.

I locked myself in the toilet, not even noticing the disgusting smell, or the cracked mirror. My mind was totally focused on Talia. The tears spilled over. I couldn't stop.

Why her? I thought to myself. I'd take her place in a heartbeat. Why my baby sister? I stopped crying after two or three minutes. I splashed cold water onto my face. I eventually made it look as though I was just tired, not look like I had been crying. I unlocked the door to see a stressed out mom with her young baby. I smiled at the cute baby. She looked similar to Bri.