Chap. 6 "No Idea Is the Wrong One."

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine," I said in a fake reassuring smile before I painfully ripped my eyes away from the two black holes he calls eyes.

"This isn't over," he stated in a low voice, causing a shiver to run down my spine. "I don't know what happened to make you act so distant with me, but I will always be here for you, okay?" He whispered so low that I almost couldn't hear.

A whirl of emotions and questions moved through my being, but I buried them as I turned to Miss. Woods who'd just finished writing the directions on the board.

"Okay, class," she said as she turned with a small grin on her face. "Whose ready to make stuff explode?"

♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎

I quickly wove myself between students in the hall in desperate need to get to the lunch line before they ran out of pizza.

As soon as I made it to the main hallway, the mouthwatering aroma of pizza filled the air, causing my stomach to loudly growl. A few people in ear shot raised an eyebrow at me, but I didn't care.

I only cared about pizza.

Pizza is love. Pizza is life.

I could see the pizza waiting for me on the platter calling my name, causing me to no longer walk, but run to the growing line.

Almost there, Cat. Almost ther-

Suddenly, mid-run, a hand shot out of nowhere, causing me to scream and thrash around as it pulled me into an empty classroom. "Whoa, Baby Girl, calm down," River's familiar voice said with a smirk as my hands balled into fists, anger and shock running through my body.

"What the heck River?!" I yelled as I punched his chest, causing him to chuckle as I continued to beat on his toned chest, but of course, it had no affect on River. "Today's pizza day! By the time I get there they'll be out and you know how much I love-"

"Relax, Baby Girl," he said as he wrapped his fingers around my wrists and firmly held them. "Mason already got you some."

"Then why am I here and not stuffing my face? And what's up with the name change?" I asked as I tried to get my wrists free, but failing.

"I told you this wasn't over, did I not?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, causing my jaw to drop. "And for the second question, Baby Girl just fits you better," he shrugged, causing a light blush to tint my cheeks.

"Shut up," I mumbled, my hair creating a thin curtain in front of my face. "Plus, I already told you that I'm 100% fine, so there's nothing to talk about. Now let me go," I said as I once again tried to free myself only this time, I used all the force in my 127 lbs body, but unfortunately, it still wasn't enough.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong," he said with an amused grin on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Let. Me. Go." I growled.

"Tell. Me. The. Truth." He said, mocking me, and I shook my head. "Fine," he said with a shrug as his grip on me became firmer if possible. "But remember, you did this to yourself."

I opened my mouth to ask what he meant, but before I could form a full word, I was pinned to a desk with my hands pinned next to my head. A small gasp escaped my lips as my brain struggled to process what had happened. River smirk as he leaned closer to my face before whispering, "I will keep you like this all day until you tell me what's wrong," he whispered, causing my heart to stop.