Chapter 36 - New friend?

"Ugh..." 

You panicked when he started to rubbed his back. His face was showing how painful it was to fall. 'Aish...now what do I do?'

"Are you ok?"

He lifted his right hand, indicating you to stop whatever you're planning to do. You worriedly looked at him.

"I-I'm fine." He said with his head hang low. You can see in the corner of his lips, he forced a smile. You nodded your head and still helped him up on his feet. He dusted his jeans off.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. And oh, I'm sorry about that." You sheepishly smiled at him.

It was the first time that you got to see his face. He has these small eyes behind his big nerd glasses and his two cute front teeth that made him look like a rabbit. Your lips formed into a smile and your hands reacted on their own, pinching his cheeks.

"You're so cute!" 

"U-uhm...thanks. I-I g-guess." He stuttered.

You released his poor cheeks and sat back on the floor. You patted the space beside you for him to sit down. He hesitantly complied while arranging his glasses properly.

"Can't we sit on the chairs instead? The floor's cold."

You giggled at him while shrugging your shoulders. "It's ok. I'm just more comfortable here."

"You can sit on the chair if you want." You continued.

"Oh, uhm...I'm fine." He smiled.

You swear his smile is addicting. It's like a virus that can infect anyone contagiously. You smiled too and it was very bright.

"So, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"What kind of question is that?" You said while raising your brow. "It's simple. I was sent here by my "least favorite" teacher." You pouted and landed the back of your head on a leg of a chair. 

He smiled, tilting his head to get a better vision of you.

"I mean, why? You look too innocent to do something bad."

"I am innocent. And so is your face." You looked at him on the corner of your eyes and stick your tongue out and he chuckled in return. You smiled, because it was your turn to ask.

"Me? Well, It's kind of complicated actually."

"Try me."

You sounded so challenging that his face grew in amazement. He softly laughed and sighed in defeat. 

"Alright. I---well, will you believe me if I tell you I punched somebody in my class?"

You're eyes widened at his sudden confession. 'This guy can punch?!'  It just doesn't suit his image for being a nerd or something. You snapped out from your thoughts when he laughed.

"Sorry." You said and smiled sheepishly. 

"No it's ok. I know it's unbelievable anyway."

"Well, did you?"

"Did what?"

"You know...that punch?"

"Oh, that?" He chuckled. "Unbelievable but yes."

You opened your mouth to say something but not even a single word came it from it instead, you smiled and congratulated him in his surprise.

"He must really pissed you off." You punched him playfully on the shoulder while giggling. He gasp and grinned.