I Object

Hello, my honey buns. My deepest apologies for taking so long to update! I saw a message from a fan today asking me to update, and it made me realize just how long it had been! I'm in college now, and as a result have been very busy. But I finished my homework for tomorrow so I'm taking this time to write before I go to bed. 

I'm sad to say that the original ending to this story has been lost amongst the many notebooks and facebooks posts in which Brooke (co-author) and I wrote this story. I was the one who came up with the plot for the story though, so I will try my best to recall everything correctly. I just thought it would only be fair to tell you that this style may be a little different since I'm writing the rest independently. 

I hope you still enjoy it and forgive me for taking so long to posting this chapter! 

Just to review, in the last chapter Aizen made a deal with Brooke that she had to marry him, or he would murder Grimmjow. 

___________________

I stared blankly at my reflection in the mirror. 

"Well, don't you look lovely." A voice said from behind me. 

I turned to see Gin sititng on the edge of my bed, staring at me. 

I sighed, relieved it wasn't Aizen. "I always thought I would be happy to see myself in my own wedding dress," I said, "but all I feel is regret." 

Gin stood and cassually approached me. 

"And why's that, Brookie?" 

I looked down, fighting back the tears pooling in my eyes. "Because it's my fault that Grimmjow's life is in danger. I should have grown up and just moved on, instead I caved and admitted that I still love him. Maybe I would have just lied and told Aizen I didn't have feelings for Grimmjow anymore, his life wouldn't be in danger. I screwed everything up." 

I felt Gin's hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see his ever-grinning face. "Now, Brookie... Don't think like that. We all know Aizen is a territorial psychopath, and there's nothing you could have done to make this result in anything different than what it is now." Gin's other hand pushed a strand of stray, dark brown hair behind my ear. "Aizen saw you, he wanted you, so he took you. He always ensures he gets his way. It's not at all your fault. The only fault you have here is being too beautiful for any man to resist." 

I felt a small blush rise to my cheeks and wrapped my arms around Gin's torso. "Thanks Gin..." I pulled away from the hug, "but uh... What are you doing here, exactly?" 

Gin turned and headed towards the door, "Lord Asshole himself sent me..." He stopped with his hand on the door handle, "He wants to remind you not to be late for your own wedding tonight." 

I rolled my eyes. "What a dick..." I forced a smile in Gin's direction. "Alright, thank you, Gin. I'll see you tonight." 

Gin nodded his head once and left the room. 

I sighed and fell backwards onto my bed, not caring that I was wearing an expensive wedding dress. I was getting married in a few hours... to a man I hated. How did this happen? I go from being a normal teenage girl, to a deformed soul, trapped in an artifical body, and dealing with drama that makes high school look drama-free. 

I stole one last glance at my reflection in the mirror and left to go to my vanity. If I was going to forcefully be married, I would at least look damn good doing it. 

********

This was it. My heart was racing and my palms were sweaty as I made my way to Aizen's throne room, where the ceremony was being held. Aizen thought he would be doing me a kindness by having a ceremony like the ones they had in the World of the Living. I was wearing a floor length, strapless white gown, with diamond embroidery around the bust and a train that stretched 10 feet behind me, with my equally long veil draped over it. The click of my heels on the stone floors echoed in the long, empty hallway. I could see the throne room doors in the distance, and my heartbeat accelerated.