"Do you guys mind if we stick with you when we get sent down? Just for a bit then we can leave you be." Zoe asks us.

"Of course! You guys can be with us for as you want. It would be nice to be stuck with people other than these three." Jess says and she nods her head in our direction.

"Hey! We aren't that bad." Amelia pouts.

"Yeah you are." I say winking at Jess.

"Thanks guys. This actually means a lot." Zoe says just before we hear the three bells.

~+~

Could all of the Chosen and the volunteers please make their way to the school to have your first out of two classes of knowledge on the ground. Thank you.

~+~

We quickly finished our breakfast and started making our way to the school. We didn't make contact with anyone who wasn't Chosen or a volunteer. They must have been keeping them away from us.

When we enter the classroom, and it is massive. I guess that it has to be big because it has to hold over 200 people. We go to try to find seven seats together and we find some near the front. We are waiting and talking quietly between ourselves when we hear the sound of someone tapping on a microphone. We all stop talking and look up at the middle aged man who's standing behind the microphone.

"Hello. Is this working? Can you hear me at the back?" Says the man who's on stage and we can hear a few faint yeah's, yup's and yes'.

"Okay good. Well my name is Mr White. I have taught the Chosen and the volunteers how to survive on the ground once before so please bear with me if I get something wrong. You do not need to take this class but it is recommended. If you wish to leave now, you may." We hear a bit of shuffling and I turn around and try to see who's leaving. I can see that most of the volunteers are leaving. They must have already been on the ground. But everyone else stays. When the last person leaves and the door closes, he starts speaking again.

"Let's start now shall we. As you can all see on the desks in front of you, there is a small book. In this small book is all of the berries and roots that you will be able to eat. When you are sent down, you will be equipped with a backpack that will have enough food for you for two days. Along with other supplies like a sleeping bag, a water bottle, ammunition, flint and steel and rope. If you want to add anything to your bag, come and speak to me after this and we can see if it is suitable to put in your bag.

"The books are yours. You may do what you want with them. You can write notes, you can throw them out, I don't care. You are able to take these books with you. They are small enough to fit in your pocket and you can put it in your bag once you have it. Please take them and read through it tonight or sometime before you go to the ground. Trust me. It will help.

"When you are on the ground, you need to be extremely careful. Every animal on the ground is now out for human blood. If a species survived the radiation, then it has been mutated to hunt humans. You will be given weapons when you land on the ground but with guns, you can run out of ammo fast. So we will put more ammo in your bag for whatever gun you choose. I would suggest that you keep a knife or a sword or something in your hand at all times and I would also suggest that you do not go alone at anytime because you have no idea when someone or something can attack you.

"Now let's start talking about the animals. From what's know, panthers, rhinoceros', wolves, lions, rabbits, bees, birds, cockroaches, monkeys and even some people have been affected by the radiation and have been mutated to kill humans. You need to be careful of these animals, the rest of the animals that were on Earth when the nuclear war was finished are all extinct. The most dangerous are the panthers and the rhinoceros'. There are around eight hundred thousand spread around the world most of them are in what used to be the United States of America, Canada and Mexico. We don't know how they all got there but since we went onto the Ark, the radiation has made them stronger and faster. If you do encounter any of the animals, do not move. They all seem to like to chase their prey so if you start running they will run after you. If they start walking towards you, back away slowly, if they start running at you, you may as well run. If you happen to have a gun on you, aim for in between the eyes. It will drop any animal.

"This year we have decided to teach you about the Clans. You may know about the Clans but it's still mandatory for me to teach you. So the largest Clan is the Lion Clan. The Lion Clan is a Clan where anyone can join, but you have to take care of yourself and when it comes to fighting with another Clan, you always back your Clan members. The Wolf Clan is the most powerful Clan. It may not be the biggest but the Wolf Clan only accepts the fastest and strongest. That's why it's the most powerful. The Snake Clan is the second most powerful, but the only reason why it's more powerful than the Lion Clan is because they like to play dirty. They are a cruel Clan and I'm sure there are quite a few people who want to get into this Clan. So this concludes our first lesson about knowledge of the ground. Again if you want to see me about getting something maybe from home that you want in your bags, come now. Everyone else, you are free to go for the rest of the day." Mr White concludes.

The room is filled with chatter and a group of people go to the front while the rest of us leave. I look at my watch and it shows that it is 12:38 pm. Time for lunch I guess.

"Do you guys want to go to lunch?" I ask the others.

There are a chorus of yes' and yup's, so we all went to the dining hall to eat. We get our lunch and sit down at the same table as we sat at for breakfast.

"So guys. Who wants to study the book of berries and roots that we got?" Jett asks us. There were a few mumbles from everyone saying excuses as to why they cant study.

"I'll study with you." My sister says with a smile.

"Cool. D-do you want to go to the library?" Jett asks Amelia and she nods, so they both pick up their trays and walk out of the Dining Hall. 

"I wonder if those two have a connection?" Zoe says once they were out of earshot. 

"I think they do." Jess says with an excited smile. I can see the glint in her eyes and I know she is already planning on how to get them together.

"Guys, once we are on the ground, there may not be time for relationships." I say

"Pfft. Bastien, there is always time for a relationship." Jess says while giving a side look at Zoe and she is nodding her head in response. I hear the other two boys scoffing.

"What?" Jess says in a stern voice.

"Nothing..." Uriah says as he looks down and starts playing with his food.

"That's what I thought." I hear Jess mutter under her breath.

I was just about to speak when we hear the three bells ringing.

~+~

Attention all Chosen and volunteers. You will not have an afternoon class today so you are free to wander, but there are guards at every way back to your friends and families. Thank you.

~+~

"Why don't we all go for a walk around?" I suggest.

"Sure, let's go." Jess says.

"Um. Asher and I might go and study the booklet." Uriah says and Asher nods in response.

"Can I come and study with you guys?" Zoe asks them and Uriah says yes.

"Actually, that's probably the best thing to do right now, sorry Bastien." Jess says with a sorry look on her face.

"Yeah. Okay, let's go." I say

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  

A/N: Heyo... Hope you like this chapter. It took me a long time to write this seeing as I don't actually have much spare time. I really want to write this book but it's quite hard to find the motivation to actually write it, even though this is probably the longest time I have ever spent on writing a book and stayed with it. Anyways, thanks for reading! :)

-FlatMatesForLife