Chapter Twenty-Three-I don't hate you

Start from the beginning

"Okay mommy." He grumbled, getting out of the bed and rolled his eyes at me. I ignored him. Stepping out his way I watched him yawn and stretch his muscles.. His golden hair sticking everywhere making him look funny.

But, I didn't smile. I had to be mad to make him ready for school.

'I know I sound like his mom. But, I don't care...'

"I'll meet you downstairs in ten, I promise." He pleaded, as he dragged me towards the door.

"Ten it is."

He nodded, "Ten."

I smiled. "Okay."

***

I walked towards my locker, ignoring the eyes on me. They most probably knew the truth by now that it wasn't my dad behind Evan's almost expulsion. At least that was a relief.

I had free first period so, I thought to go to eatery. I needed some strong coffee. It wasn't until I entered the cafe- I realised Nobody worked there.

I looked towards the counter and my eyes caught ash black mop of hair guy clad in dark denims and pale yellow hoodie, busy cleaning his counter top. It was my chance to slip back but, by then he spotted me. He held my gaze longer than he usually did. Weird. The butterflies jumped in my stomach, causing me to squeeze myself a little. It was not possible to tear my eyes away from his. His injuries were almost healed. He looked pretty much himself.

Suddenly, I got the strange urge to run back anyway. I can't deal with him right now. I didn't want more drama in my life than I already had. And, Nobody meant DRAMA.

Abruptly, I turned away and stomped outside. The hallways were almost at peace- only few students having free lecture like me roamed around. I walked towards the deserted area of the school which was pretty much under-construction since last year. Sometimes, I liked sitting there probably because no one came there and it was like my secret hiding place. Not even my group knew about it.

There was flight of stairs. I sat on the middle step, leaning my head against the half broken banister. It was a mess but, then so was I.

Justin and Martin had their practice so they left my side as soon as we entered school. Justin asked me few times if I would be okay by myself. I couldn't ask him to cut his practice. He had a tournament coming up.

Kim didn't come to school, again. I wanted to call her but, after last night when she didn't let me crash with her- which was shocking because she heard my voice and she knew me more than anyone. Yet, she made an excuse. I wonder if it's about the guy she's seeing. I had my suspicions about her dating some guy from past few weeks and I thought she will eventually tell me.

Guess, I am wrong about many things.

Pulling my knees close, I made a room in my arm and rested my head in it, closing my eyes. A tear slipped out of my eye and I didn't bother wiping it off. There was no one to witness it. I could cry as much as I wanted to.

Just then, my nostrils filled with the fresh aroma of strong coffee and I snapped my head up, holding my breath in my throat.

Nobody stood on the first step of landing, with two mugs in his hands. I furrowed my brows. "How did you find me?"

He smirked, stepped towards me. "It's my hiding place too." He informed, causing my heart to sped up.

So we do share something in common, huh?

"May I?" He questioned with a raise of his brow, gesturing at the empty space beside me.

I slightly nodded, as he sat down.