SonicXMephilis Stockholm Syndrome

Sonic inhaled deeply. He smiled as the cool, crisp air of nature filled his lungs.
The blue blur was standing under a large oak tree, surrounded by the thick woodland surrounding Station Square.
Sonic had been venturing out to the woods every other weekend for the past few months. He loved nature and, of course, wildflowers.
Sonic began a brisk jog toward his favorite patch of green and red flowers without a care in the world. However, lurking in the shadows, was an enemy Sonic believed was dead and gone.
Mephilis.
He gazed at the blue hedgehog whenever he could, winding through branches and gliding through clearings like an evening shadow.
Mephilis chuckled to himself as Sonic sat near the flowers. He inched closer, careful not to make a sound.
Once Mephilis felt he was close enough, he lunged at Sonic.
He slapped a cold, clammy hand over Sonic's mouth and wrapped his other arm around Sonic's neck.
Sonic fought back furiously. The shock slowed his resistance down, however.
Mephilis, using Sonic's own shadow to assist him, restrained the blue blur with little effort. He pulled and squeezed Sonic's neck until he eventually passed out.
As Sonic grew limp, Mephilis finally released the poor hero's neck.

Sonic awoke with a jolt. He sat straight up as his eyes darted around.
He was on a mattress. It sat alone on a barren floor.
The room Sonic was in was small and empty. The humidity made Sonic feel sluggish and sweaty.
Sonic soon realised his wrists were tightly bound together. Any attempt to escape his restraints proved fruitless.
After a solid five minutes of thrashing around and rolling off the mattress, Sonic gave up with a sigh.
He slowly sat up. He took in his surroundings in full.
With a little effort, Sonic knew he could bust out of the windowless room.
Suddenly, the door squealed open. Sonic stood tall, ready to face his kidnapper.
"Hello, there."
Sonic was frozen. He felt his jaw drop.
Sonic stared in disbelief at his captor, whom began to chuckle.
"Surprised?" He asked.
"Y-...I thought you were dead." Sonic exclaimed.
Mephilis shut the door behind him.
"Quite the contrary." Mephilis purred.
Mephilis took a step forward, causing Sonic to take a step back. Mephilis grew amused.
"It's okay to be afraid," Mephilis mocked his prisoner.
Sonic grew angry. His pride boiled up to the surface and he smirked.
"Afraid? Hah. I'm not afraid of anything. Let alone a faker like you." Sonic proclaimed.
Sonic's eyes flickered towards the door. Mephilis crossed his arms.
"You'll lose that attitude soon enough." Mephilis said.
With a flash of blue light, Sonic sped past his captor and towards the door.
Just as Sonic reached the door, ready to bash through, he fell face-first onto the unflinching wood below.
Sonic had been tripped by a tendril that slithered out of the shadows.
"Not so fast," Mephilis shouted.
Many more tendrils leaped from Sonic's own shadow and latched on.
Sonic squealed as he was fully restrained.
Mephilis walked up to the struggling hedgehog. He knelt down and grabbed Sonic's chin, lifting it up.
"No running now," He teased. "You're going to be here for quite a while."
Sonic growled at Mephilis. He spat onto his captor's mouthless face.
Sonic yelped as he received a crisp slap to the jaw. Sonic's face once again met the wooden floors.
Mephilis wiped off his face.
He realised he would have to show the blue blur how to have manners.
With one swift hand motion, the tendrils threw Sonic back onto the lone mattress. Sonic immediately tried to run, but was met swiftly with a jab to the gut.
Sonic felt the air leave him with a whoosh. Mephilis straddled Sonic and cracked his knuckles.
"Enough foreplay. Let's get down to business." Mephilis growled.
With his arms restrained, Sonic had no defence against the barrage of punches that met his face, chest and stomach.
Sonic could barely catch his breath. But whenever he did, he would let out a stream of insults directed at Mephilis. He called him a kidnapper, a sleazebag, and all the profanities on Mobius.
Mephilis didn't bat an eye at these insults. Rather, he admired the will of Sonic. It was that same overflowing pride that made him fall for the young hero. And Mephilis was going to break and beat Sonic into loving him back.
He may not cave today, maybe not even in a year, but when Sonic did, Mephilis was going to get his love's affection.