Aurelies Shelter

Smiling was a good start. Being in this nearly inhospitable environment was beginning to weigh on her. Her mind was in pieces as she worked on building their shelter. Having this time to compile her thoughts she for the first time felt at peace. Looking back on the past couple days it was hard to forget all that went wrong. Before the collapse her faction was thriving and full of life. The ponds and lakes surrounding them were constantly being fed by the streams and rivers. Her home was by the main waterfall which led into smaller ones. She was the eldest daughter in her family so she had to be a role model. Always trying to be the perfect individual and role model wasn't easy. Many hardships proved to break her down overtime, making her question even the simplest of ideas. Growing up at first seemed straight forward, having friends and fitting in with the other children. Then she began wanting more, she would find herself Unsatisfied most of the time if situations didn't align with her ideas. Never wanting to become selfish she knew she had to speak to someone whom she could keep her restless mind at ease.

Before the catastrophic events she would seek guidance from her grandmother. Her grandmother was considered to be one of the most powerful members in the Water Faction. Her wisdom provided answers for Aurelie the majority of the time. During the floods and tsunamis she stayed back with the elders ensuring the safety of the remaining members. It was also her grandmother who urged Aurelie to meet with Sorian. At first thought the idea seemed erratic and un logical for Aurelie. Why would she leave her people in such a critical time of need? However through much debate and deliberation she agreed to make a visit to the fire faction.
That is until she met Thawe seeing him as a possible threat she found it necessary to capture him. Her intentions were to question him to find out how he ended up on Panja. She never planned on finding out about his injury or his childhood for that matter. The past was the past and she can't change that, however all her future actions can be altered.

Snapping out of her flashback she continued to look for material to build a shelter. Having Thawe with her made simple actions now complex and confusing. Also with his worsening condition it was only slowing her down. Her meeting with Sorian and the other factions was far more important especially since it was only one persons life compared to the thousands left on Panja.