Chapter 7: Alec

I was in complete shock when Rowan collapsed in her living room, and when I told her she was imagining things, I felt like crap about it. I don't care that she bailed on me for prom or that I may never get to ever be close to her. Actually, I do care that I could trigger her to pass out or cause panic/anxiety attacks. I have to tell her I'm Night Owl, but I had to attend a DISLAY meeting tonight.

     In the car, I decided it was time to ask my mother about a costume upgrade. I had grown quite a few inches and went from six foot three inches to six foot eight inches. Although my suit is quite stretchy, I'll barely be able to move in it for fear of it ripping.

     "Hey, Mom," I addressed her. When she turned her head to acknowledge me, I continued, "Since I've grown a lot since the last time I wore my suit, do you think that I could get a new one? I mean my powers are back."

     Letting out a sigh, I could tell she pondered that yesterday. She said, "I think that's reasonable, but you're paying for half of it." Dammit. Well, I suppose it's alright because I won't be needing money for gas anymore. I'm going to be forever salty about that.

     "Did you really rip off Arachne's front legs?" My father asked with interest.

      "Sam!" My mother exclaimed as she hit his arm. Luckily, he wasn't driving with that hand.

      "Yes, I did," I answered him. They can be so immature for adult superheroes.

      We arrived at home and I dashed down to the basement. There were many different objects down there and it kind of reminded me of the stereotypical super lair. I mean, we each had our suits hung up in displays and I still can't figure out how the masks don't fall off. Seriously, there's nothing holding it up. I suspect witchcraft but that's not plausible.

       Hopping in the chair in front of the gigantic screen, I went to contact Emiko Miki'a. He's the best in the business and pretty cool. Hitting the video call, I waited for Emiko to pick up. He was kind of out there in terms of personality but always met deadlines for clients. After about thirty seconds, Emiko picked up.

      "Alec!" He exclaimed with a big smile. "How's my favorite teen?" His long, dark hair was pulled back to stay out of the way of his work. He set down what he was doing and pulled closer to the screen. His glasses were on as well; he was working on an order.

      Chuckling I responded, "I'm good. How's the best super designer? I got my powers back too."

     "Oh, that's fantastic. I can imagine that you're not just calling to say hi. You did that last week and I appreciate the monthly calls." He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm assuming you'll need a new suit." I nodded.

     "Yes, I do. I seem to have outgrown mine and there's no way it'll be able to stretch enough," I told him, disappointed my suit was finally retiring.

     "Ah, your mother mentioned to me yesterday that probably be calling me. She says you've grown nearly half a foot," Emiko says with a gleam in his eye. "Do you just want a bigger suit or a new suit entirely?"

      I hadn't thought about a new design. Although, I had grown quite tired of the current design. Emiko could create a new design easily and I'm sure it would be amazing. Yes, I'll ask him to come up with a new suit. A couple sketches and then I choose the one I like best. 

     "I think Night Owl is in need of a new look," I say with a smirk. Emiko smiles widely at me.

     "Send in your measurements," he tells me. "I've already got something perfect in mind."

~

     After sending in measurements and clarifying that I wanted the same color scheme, my mother handed me my old mask. I looked up at her with confusion before remembering that I had a meeting with DISLAY tonight. We were getting some new members tonight and they wanted each member in costume or at least to have a mask on just in case. Bella mentioned her twin cousins were two of the four new members tonight.