Chapter 13

By the way guys, this book takes place in 2033 because the first book took place in 2015-2016, and it's already been 17 years... There are sadly no hover boards yet 😩

James's POV

I had to break up with him. Trust me, I didn't want to, but I had to.

You see, my mom fucking hates gays, and she was always updated with the school rumors. I don't even know how she figures them out. Like seriously, where does the woman hear them?

I bet you she's already heard this rumor, and she's going to kill me if she finds out its true. I'll have to lie-- kind of.

Since I broke up with Ash, I technically wouldn't be lying to her if she asks if I'm dating a boy.

I broke up with Ash because, well, I didn't want to lie to my mom. Plus, I trusted Ash, but he told the whole school. I had to break up with him, so he doesn't blurt it out again. If that happens, my mom will know I'm lying.

I parked my car in the driveway, and breathed out. I knew my mom was home. Her car was in the garage.

My mom was a Computer and Information System Manager-- whatever that was.

I opened my car door, and slipped out. I strode over to the front door, slowly opening it.

"Honey, you're home," she smiled --it was fake--, and stood up from where she was sitting at the dining room table.

"Hey, mom," I smiled back. "What's up?"

"I heard something interesting today," she coughed.

"Yeah, and what's that?" I questioned.

"Well, it was about you dating a boy," she said.

"I heard about that. It's just a rumor," I groaned.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

I rose an eyebrow. "I'm not gay, mom. I hate gays; you know that."

She nodded, "Good. I'm glad it's not true."

"Me too," I "agreed".

"Now, who started the rumor?"

"Just some fag," I shrugged.

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah. I told him to stop spreading rumors, and pushed him around a little," I lied.

"I'm so proud of you," she grinned.

I chuckled, "I know. I'm the best."

God, I hate her...

"Come here and give me a hug," she laughed.

I reluctantly walked over to her, and hugged her.

She hugged back, and sighed happily. "You can go now."

"Thank you," I nodded once, and ran up to my room.

I shut the door when I entered, and threw my bag on the floor. I was thinking about texting Ash right now, though he probably wouldn't even read my texts. I'll just talk to him in person in a few days.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my tv remote, scrolling through the channels. I ended up putting on White Chicks.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted.

My older sister, Sarah, then walked in. She was in college, but stayed here since the college wasn't that far away at all.