Chapter 3

I woke up, and cuddled into the covers. I then slowly reached for my phone, grabbing it. I needed to check the time. Ugh, it was 5:30.

I really didn't want to get up. Last night, I had woken up and after an hour, I had succeeded in scrubbing the sharpie off my forehead. After that, I just fell back asleep. I didn't get much sleep, though. I kept waking up.

I got up and stretched, laying back my bed for a moment. I couldn't go to school. Not today... But I know I had to. I didn't want my parents to worry.

I trudged to the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I winced, slightly. I looked horrible. My forehead was still red from rubbing it, and my eyes were red as well. There was a small bruise on my cheek, and another one on my chin. I didn't even want to look at my stomach.

I sighed loudly, deciding to take a 30 minute shower. What? I deserve it.

When I got out, I dried off and slipped on some random clothes. A red flannel and jeans. I was styled like Dean Winchester, but definitely didn't feel like him. Unless he was depressed...

I walked downstairs, seeing my dad cook breakfast and my father sitting on the couch.

"Hey, Ash, want some breakfast?" My dad asked.

"No," I sighed. "I think I'll skip breakfast for today."

My dad frowned, "You didn't have dinner yesterday since you were sleeping. Please?"

"Fine," I grumbled. "I'll have some banana bread."

"Okay. And eat lunch today."

"I will."

I grabbed the loaf of banana bread, cutting a piece off before stuffing it in my mouth.

My dad rolled his eyes, but smiled fondly. "Have a good day at school."

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Love you!"

"Love you, too." I then left the house.

I took the bus today, and apparently so did Lily since she had texted me she had.

I didn't want to see James. I didn't want to see anybody. All I wanted to do was go to sleep in my bed at my house. But that's what everyone wants, right?

I finally arrived at the school, and slid out. I saw James and quickly looked away, walking towards the building.

"Hey, fag!" I heard James chuckle.

Instead of my usual 'hello' back, I ignored him and walked inside the school where I saw Isaiah and Seth at my locker. They always arrived early, and waited for me there. Isaiah noticed me, and his eyes widened.

"Please tell me James didn't do this," Isaiah said when I was close enough.

I looked down.

Seth grunted, "Ash, you need to tell someone. It's getting really bad now. Don't you want the best for yourself?"

"You really think that if I told the principal, he would care? This is school is already crappy. I bet he'll just deny the fact that I'm being bullied, so he doesn't look bad. If people find out there's bullying going around here, barely anyone will want to go to school. And I know he doesn't want that," I glared at the both of them.

Isaiah shook his head. "That's not true, Ash. You're overthinking, and making yourself scared."

"I'm not telling anyone. Deal with it!" I shouted and focused on my locker, opening it and getting my things out.