Chapter 10

I peeled my eyes open slowly.

"Hey, Ash, we're going down to the cafeteria for breakfast. You gonna come?" Alex asked.

"I'll eat later," I mumbled. "I'm tired."

"Okay. You promise you'll eat?"

"I promise," I said, and cuddled into the covers again.

"Alrighty," Alex whispered.

I heard the door creak open, and then slam shut. I sighed slowly, and just laid in bed. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. That always annoyed me. If I woke up early in the morning, there would be no way to fall back asleep. Though I was used to it by now.

About 5 minutes later, the door opened. I ignored it, but closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep.

A soft, delicate kiss was placed on my cheek, and my eyes snapped opened.

James was hovering over me, smirking. "Morning, sleeping beauty."

"James," I squeaked.

"Yeah, come on. I have a surprise for you," he smiled.

"... Fine, but I'm bringing my crutches," I warned.

James laughed --like he actually laughed--, "That's fine with me."

I smiled a little. This wasn't James. Well, it was, but now... he was different.

"Are you okay?" I rose an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," he nodded. "Now let's go!"

"Okay, okay," I huffed, grabbing my crutches to walk outside with him.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"To the back of the cabin," James said.

My eyes widened a bit. "You're not planning to kill me, are you?"

"No," he frowned. "Why would I do that?"

"Uh. I-I don't know," I stuttered.

He rolled his eyes, like always. "Just come on." He started walking to the back.

I sighed softly, and slowly followed him. I gasped when I saw the back of the cabin.

There was a black and white blanket spread across the ground, and trays of food on them.

"D-do you like it?" He asked, looking down.

"I love it," I grinned. "But what is all this?"

"I thought we could go on a date. You know, a picnic," he smiled a bit.

"Um, yeah. I'm pretty hungry now," I said, sitting down with James's help.

I set my crutches down, and looked at the food.

Pancakes with syrup, eggs, bacon, and fruit. Delicious.

"It's just the cafeteria food, but their food is pretty good," James told me.

"Their food is more than good," I chuckled.

"True," he laughed.

I started eating, silently. I didn't know what to say.

"I need you to trust me when I say this," James started.

"Okay," I muttered.

"I'm being serious," James said.

"I know..."

"Okay, so... Ash, I really like you. And I know you think I'm lying, and you may be confused cause I've bullied you all your life--"