The Perfect Dream

Alex pov

After math class ended the teacher pulled me and Malak to the side. I was scared but happy at the same time. I never did anything wrong to anyone so why did he want me? " Malak I noticed you were failing 2 academic classes, and that's not ok. I know your reputation here at school but you also need to know your school work". The teacher said. Malak just stood there gazing into space like he did not want to be there. " Alex I know that you get good grades in all of your classes and I know you can keep those good grades" he said. " I decided to have you tutor Malak, for the next 8 weeks you will be his tutor in his classes he's failing. And if I see progress I will tell coach that you've improved those classes". On the inside I was filled with happiness I would be tutoring Malak Watson the best basketball player on the team 😊🏀. Malak looked at me the smiled then looked back in gazed around the room. " You can plan if you want to go to each other's houses and study and work together I don't care just make sure he brings up those grades in class". 

" So when do you want to come over and work?" I said. I never got the chance to talk to him in person, but today was that day. " I can come Thursday if that's okay with you". "