Fall Into Me

Alex POV

I walked into the classroom with blank stares and crazy silence. I wasn't new here I have been here for 2 years now and I am a Junior on the honor roll. My  crush was in this class Math. I was extremely smart in math and other subjects, but gym class. Malak walked into class late as usual, with girls crowded around him. Malak and I went to the same school together but never had a conversation with each other because of his social status vs. mine. He's is the best basketball player on the team since he was the captain. I know this because of my sister's boyfriend so obviously I had to notice him when he was on the  court. What I also knew was that he was failing 2 academic classes and might get kicked off the team. It was sad to hear because he wanted to go to UCLA for basketball. He actually wanted a scholarship to go there but that was not likely to even happen unless he got help. I took out my notebook and started doing the following questions on the board as instructed. One of the popular girls walked up to me and said. " Omg it's that girl that got told off by Eric in the hallway, but what I'm not understanding is why she is sitting here". The girl bent down and threw my backpack, I got up and the few empty seats that was still available. I grabbed my books off the floor then suddenly a guy that smelled like Axe and musk bent down and helped me get my books. It was Malak. " Hey I'm sorry about Amber she can be a handful sometimes" Malak said apologizing for her actions. " Hey it's okay, I am used to it been for the last... well all my life" I told Malak. " You shouldn't be, and I've heard about the thing with Eric. Some people are just so rude, but me I don't want to be like that" Malak said. I didn't say anything and just nodded and smiled. I was gazing into Malak's sandy brown eyes. It seemed like I was looking into the future, That Malak was in.