Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

-

Sunday

It's sad when the people who gave you the best memories, were now a memory.

Luke had called Michael up asking if they could talk, he really needed to talk to him. Michael instantly agreed as he was eager to see the irresistible blonde, but he also knew there was a little tension between them and he was not sure why.

The younger boy had lead Michael to the place where Jack had drowned, or near enough to it. The two were sat on a bench, side by side, staring at the fast-flowing current.

Luke loved being here, it was depressing, but he knew it was the last ever place his brother had been. The reason he had brought his boyfriend here was to see if it sparked any emotion or familiarity out of him. Luke thought Michael and Jack were quite close friends, but Michael hadn't told him.

"Why did you agree to go out with me?" the young boy asked interested, breaking the silence as he continued to watch the water.

"I told you, I really liked you. You gave off a really positive vibe and made me feel different," he admitted looking at Luke. His smaller hand slowly moved across the bench to intertwine his fingers into the others. Luke didn't react, he let his fingers remain limp.

"But you seemed so hesitant when you first agreed," he argued remembering the day he built up the courage to ask the black-haired boy out.

"I didn't want to get hurt again," he shrugged simply.

"You became more certain when you knew I was Jack's brother."

Michael sighed knowing the clever young boy was ever so suspicious of his and his dead brother's relationship.

"So you think I'm only dating you out of pity?" Michael questioned.

"That and maybe you and my brother were closer than you've been telling me."

"We were friends Luke. Not close though. The only times we ever saw each other was when we were basically drunk as fuck. There is nothing close to being intoxicated. As for the pity, I don't feel sorry for you losing him. Yes, it's sad. But it's part of life and you have to get on with it. I want to be with someone who is strong, not with someone who needs support and sympathy every five minutes," Michael explained. It was the partial truth, the second part was anyway.

Luke looked down at his feet, his faded vans were starting to get a hole in the toe. "You promise me?" he muttered.

Gulping he agreed, "I promise." He was just trying to protect the boy.

"I'm sorry, I just really want to know," he sighed looking over at the black-haired boy.

"Hey." Michael cupped Luke's face in his hands and looked into his ocean blue eyes. "You will find out everything one day. Everything will come to you, but you have to wait for the right time, okay?"

"Okay," he nodded. Michael smoothed his face before firmly placing his chapped lips on the blondes. Luke kissed back, grabbing the older boys neck and pulling him closer. He gently tugged at his hair as he scooted closer to Michael and ended up on his lap.

Michael pulled away and mumbled, "Get off me you lump!"

The young boy giggled and smashed his lips back against Michaels, clenching onto his black top. Their breathing was heavy and passers-by stared at them with disgust. Neither cared or noticed, sometimes love made you blind.

"I fucking love you, Luke," Michael breathed as he finally pulled away.

More than Jack? Luke thought.

-

Please comment what you think.

Thanks so much for reading.