Chapter Six

Chapter Six

-

Sunday

"Why do you have so little trust?" he asked curiously, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead as the afternoon sun blazed high in the sky. The pair sat on the beach, their hands together resting in the sand.

"I just do," Michael shrugged not going to tell Luke the reason. He would never tell him if he could. But there was so much evidence, it was impossible not too.

The blonde lets go of Michael's hand and placed his converse on a his towel before pulling his top over his head. From afar the black-haired boy admired the boy's pale complexion which was bound to burn in the sun.

He turned around and he admired his thin but broad body and Michael had the urge to leave his mark all over the innocent skin. "Are you going to take your top off?" Luke asked noticing he was also sweating.

The older boy raised his arm to his left collarbone and traced over the letters of a tattoo. Luke couldn't see it. "No, I'm fine thanks," Michael smiled hoping the curious young boy would not question him any further like usual.

Fortunately, he nodded. Just assuming that he was a little insecure. The boy pouted but walked back over to his boyfriend and brought him into a strong embrace. Squeezing the living daylights out of him. "I love you so much," Luke grinned widely.

He'd never said that to anyone before besides his family. He knew it was only a couple of weeks into the relationship but he could feel it. He didn't know exactly what it was, but he felt the emotion within his body.

Once being a lover Michael knew the feeling really well. But this time it was even stronger and he didn't even bother to hold back before saying, "I love you so much."

Both boys looked at each other, emerald eyes staring into ocean blue ones. They were in a public place but neither cared as Michael placed the palm of his hand behind Luke's head and pressed his lips passionately against the blondes. He instantly kissed back.

Luke hands trailing down the black-haired boy's torso as he rested his hand firmly on his stomach. Michael's other hand tugged at the blonde's hair and whilst all this was going on Luke had one question on his mind. Something he'd been wanting to ask Michael for a while.

Michael sensed Luke wasn't putting any effort in anymore, therefore, he pulled away and accepted his wishes. "Do you want to carry on walking?" he asked whilst wiping his lips. The blonde nodded, linking his hand once again into his boyfriends to show they were together. He noticed Luke had gone quiet which was unusual for him as he had quite a bubbly character despite not being confident in certain areas. "What's wrong?"

Luke bit his lip before looking up at the older boy. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," Michael agreed, a surge of panic shooting through his body. He was almost certain it was going to be to do with Jack. He just hoped he didn't know they were a couple.

"How close were you and Jack? Were you good friends or?" the blonde asked curling his toes into the sand. He wanted to meet someone close to his brother. Someone who could tell him why he became so distant from them, months before he died.

"Not particularly close. We were friends I suppose, but we only hung out now and then as parties and that," he told his ex-boyfriends brother.

"So you don't know how he was feeling around the time he died?" Luke asked losing all hope.

Michael knew exactly how Jack was feeling, but he wasn't going to upset him. He was too young and innocent to know. "No, sorry Luke."

"It's fine. I just want a little closure on my brother's life that's all. He was never home. Left early, came home late," the blonde explained not knowing that the black-haired boy already knew this. "I missed him." He then corrected himself. "I miss him."

Sighing Michael pulled the boy over to a wall and hugged him from behind. Placing small, soft kisses on the top of his messy hair. Michael watched the boy think vigorously, he could tell he was troubled. However, he still looked unbelievably beautiful. He could not believe he was admitting this. But even more beautiful than Jack.

"You're still hurting aren't you Luke?" Michael asked knowingly. He used to feel the same way. but he got over it. Michael just lost all trust and became so distant. Nodding the blonde bit his lip trying to hold back tears. "You tried to be strong for everyone didn't you? You pushed all your feelings away to help everyone else," the black-haired boy stated.

Luke nodded again before gulping. "I was thirteen. Everyone just assumed I could deal with it, or I let them think that. They've never seen me cry, but I always do."

"Everything will be okay Luke, I promise you," Michael whispered into his ear. wiping a single tear from his eye. The other hand creating circular patterns into his soft lean torso.

"I just want to know why he distanced himself from me. Once I find someone who can tell me this, I will be fine."

Michael's breath hitched. He knew he should tell Luke everything, there and then. But, he had someone in his arms once again and didn't want to risk losing him. After all the blonde would probably think he was using him because he missed Jack. That was not true though. "You will one day. Someone will tell you everything."

The black-haired boy knew for sure his parents were keeping secrets from him because he could tell he didn't know some things they knew about him.

"Thanks for being there for me Michael," Luke sniffled turning round to smile at his boyfriend. This caused Michael to also smile, just seeing him happy.

"There's that beautiful smile I love so much," the older boy said picking up the smaller boy and spinning him round in the air.

"Stop!" the blonde blushed at the compliment. He put the boy down and just watched him with adoration. Unable to believe he got someone as beautiful as Luke in his life. He thought he got lucky with Jack, but he was blessed to have Jack's brother.

Michael wasn't the only one to examine their boyfriend. Luke was too. He couldn't help but notice the small scar above Michael's eyebrow. "How'd you get that?" he asked curiously running his over the little mark.

"A fight," Michael shrugged not wanting to talk or even think about it. "Hey, do you know what this cliche date is missing?" he asked quickly changing the subject. Luckily luke dropped it and smirked knowing what the boy was hinting at.

"Ice cream!"

-

Please comment what you think.

Thanks so much for reading.