Becoming Friends

Natsu -

"Hey, (Y/N), can I read your fortune? I'm trying to get in some practice." I looked over to my best friend of almost a year, Cana Alberona and nodded. "Of course, but I've gotta go fight Natsu later. He wants to test himself again." We giggle and I sit down across from her. "Let's do a simple 5 card reading." She took a moment to shuffle her cards, had me cut them, then laid them out. I waited patiently as she studied the cards that were laid out before us. "The general, here in the middle, is the three of cups. It stands for friendship and community. You past influences, here," She tapped the card to the right. "Is the five of cups. It stands for loss and regret. Then, here," she tapped the card on the left. "Is your future, it's the six of wands, which means progress and self-confidence. Then here, the base card, it's flipped for you since I read as it appears to me, is the two of cups. It's partnership and attraction." She wiggled her eyebrows at me, knowing I was thinking of a certain dragon slayer as I blushed. "And then, the potential, up here," She tapped the card closest to me. "The four of pentacles, meaning stability and security. Over all, you've got a pretty good gig going. Lots of cups and no swords. You should be excited for the future." We smiled at one another and nodded. "I am, now, I've got a pinky to show up." She laughed before speaking. "I'm sure you do, let me come watch, yeah?" I nodded and pulled her away from the still arranged cards to the guild's back doors. "Come on, Natsu, I thought you wanted to show me up?" I teased and he came barreling through the doors as we side stepped and laughed. "Alright, come on, (Y/N) you're the only other dragon slayer here, and I'm sure I can roast you." I raised an eyebrow at his taunting but shrugged and took a fighting stance. "Come on at me Natsu." And, of course, he charged. One butt kicking later, Natsu laid on the floor in pain. "You've gotten stronger, I'll give you that, but you just don't have enough conviction to win." I smirked and he sat up with a smile. "Well, of course not, (Y/N). Why would I ever want to hurt you, you're my friend." I smiled happily at the thought and helped him off the ground. "Yeah, now come on, let's get you to the infirmary."

Gray -

"Hey, flame brain! Stop talking to your girlfriend and come finish our fight." Gray interrupted Natsu and I's conversation. I rolled my eyes as Natsu stopped mid sentence to throw a comeback. "She's not my girlfriend, Ice Princess! I'll be over there in a minute, let me tell her something!" Natsu went to finish his statement but was interrupted once again. "What? Gonna tell her how much you love her?" He started laughing. I had finally had enough and walked away from Natsu. "Shut up! Geez, you two are just a couple of babies, aren't you." Both boys glared at me as I walked away. "You wanna fight him, be my guest. I'm not dealing with this." I sighed and walked out of the guild and started making my way to Fairy Hills where I rented an apartment. "Uh, hey, wait (Y/N)!" I heard Gray's voice call for me once I was half way to Fairy Hills. I turned to face him, no longer as annoyed as I had been. "Yeah, Gray?" I inquired as he stopped a few feet in front of me. "I just, uh, wanted to apologize. I know you and Natsu aren't a thing, I didn't mean to make you angry, just him." I raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Gray, I wasn't upset because of that. I just wanted to be able to finish talking to Natsu about his confession to Lucy. He really likes her, I was trying to help him out." He seemed a little shocked. "Yeah, I guess you're right, those two do need to get together already. It's becoming frustrating." We laughed together. "I guess I'm just a bit jealous that you and that pyro are always together, I mean, I know you use the same magic and all, but you never really hang out with anyone else like you do him." I shrugged and thought about it. "I just connect with him a little easier I guess. He's the one that brought me to Fairy Tail 2 years ago, after all. But hey, if you wanna hang, I'm free now." I gave him a little smile and he returned it. "Yeah, come on, how about I treat you to lunch since I'm the reason you stormed out of the guild like that." I nodded and took linked my arm through the one he had offered me playfully. "Now come on, I'm starving." He laughed as I began dragging him to my favorite restaurant in Magnolia. "Yeah, yeah, what else are friends for if they don't feed you, right?" I giggled at the way he phrased it and playfully punched his shoulder, unlinking my arm from his as he could finally keep up with my pace. "Yeah, well, if that's your philosophy, then I hope you live up to it." I poked my tongue out and just ran ahead of him, hearing him laugh as he began running after me.