“Right,” He snapped back sarcastically, holding up his own lanyard to the guard by the door as he passed. “Seriously though, if you need anything talk to security or come find me back here. I’m going to be with Sparky till eleven and then I’ve got to check with catering as everyone will be needing to get fed lunch before the booze comes back out”

“Does that include us? I’m already hungry.” Jess whined, looking around the room we had waited in last night the bar was the only thing there and already one of the bands were ordering beers. Considering it was barely nine in the morning, the thought of drinking now had my stomach churning.

“No, you get to order from the food vans of your choice. You girls know what you’re doing right?” He mocked before kissing my cheek and ruffling Jess’s straightened hair on his way out. She groaned, trying to adjust the headpiece she had around her forehead that she was certain helped to give her the concert boho look she had been going for and in the end I had to help untangle the back of it from her hair.

“Jerk. Ok so Stage B has David Guetta and Havana starting off this morning and Stage A had someone I’ve never head of. You ready to shake your groove thang?” Jess slapped my ass earning a squeal from me, as I hadn’t expected her to do that.

“You know it sister!” I gently shoved her away, laughing and we carried on towards the side entry of the stage talking about how weird it was to have to DJ’s opening a rock festival. Sunday’s were always more varied than the Saturdays and if anything I was looking forward to it more, not just because  I was going to get to see Beau perform today.

-

“Oh shit! Bec come on!” Jess reached out and grabbed my hand from where I had been waving it over my head in time to the music and she started running back through the crowd.

“What?” I screamed after her, ignoring the grunts and protests of the other concertgoers as we shoved through them.

“Taking. Back. Monday…. Come oooon!” She gasped out as we ran past the tents and reaching the edge of the new crowd I understood, over taking her we joined the new swarm of a crowd as they started to inch closer to the stage.

“Introducing Taking Back Monday!” The voice boomed over the speaker as the people around us took their screaming to a new level. With one look to each other Jess and I did the same, still pushing and ducking between sweaty men and women who weren’t afraid to pinch. I was still rubbing my arm when we finally made it down the front, where the front rowers were not willing to budge an inch to let us in.

Sticks appeared first, taking his place behind the drums as own section of fans in the crowd got even louder and the same thing happened for the next two guys who came on before the guitarist started to strum out the starting cords of their first song. There was a surge from behind us and we finally made it even closer to the front barrier, just as Beau’s voice joined the music and he started walking out to the center of the stage.

“You made a fool out of me, for the last time.” His voice was so low and broken, two girls next to me burst out crying. They weren’t the only ones as all around the men seemed to disappear and the front section became dominated by females.

“So I can’t just wait to see, what will become of you,” He tapped the microphone in the air three times and a smile that was hard not to fall in love with was shared with the crowd as the microphone was bought back to his lips. “Because baby, we’re through”