Letter 2

Hey Jungkook,

It's me again.

I mean, who else would it be? I'm the only one that knows about these letters to you, haha. I'm probably not gonna send these to you anyways, but you know. 

I'm a lovesick loser, as you would probably say, right?

Taehyung paused, looking down at the sentence he wrote, contemplating on whether or not he should erase it. He sounded so bitter and hopeless.

He supposed that he was bitter and hopeless in a way- he's too afraid to tell Jungkook about the way he feels, and Taehyung was just another person hopelessly in love even though the chances of receiving love in return were slim.

Maybe Taehyung was a masochist, because he couldn't see a way out of liking Jungkook without getting hurt. But even so, he still fell for him, and he still didn't give a second thought about the consequences that would follow. Even now, when he considered the possibility, he still chose to contribute to the one-sided love.

Sure, it stung a little before, but for the most part, it wasn't too bad. Every little thing Jungkook did made Taehyung go crazy. The butterflies and electricity that Taehyung- and only Taehyung, unfortunately- felt when his skin came into contact with Jungkook's were pleasant enough, almost like a dream. But unfortunately, all dreams end eventually.

He only became aware of the possible heartbreak in the future when he witnessed Jungkook interacting with an old friend. His eyes sparkled when he talked to her and her cheeks flushed when he did so much as glance his way. She'd do little things, like brush a strand of hair away from his face or 'trip' and fall into him or regain her balance by grabbing his bicep. Jungkook always flushed under her gaze or upon contact, and his smile was far brighter than usual.

And Taehyung hated himself for feeling hurt. 

Emotions swelling from within, he continued to write.

For the first time, I don't want to see your bunny-like smile that I've always adored and fawned over.

For the first time, your musically and contagious laugh made me feel sick to my stomach.

For the first time, I didn't want to see your eyes sparkle with love and affection.

I'm a selfish person. 

I'm horrible.

I'm not smart.

Surely you'd hate me if you found out how I felt.

You seem to like Tzuyu so much, and yet here I am, not wanting you two to be together for the sake of my own heart.

I don't deserve you.

But I'll put a smile on my face. I'll give you good advice and help plan your dates. I'll even go to your wedding and buy the best gift that you can think of. 

Even if my heart shatters and breaks into a million pieces, I'll make sure that your happiness comes first and I'll put a smile on my face.

Really, it's almost comical how pathetic and hopeless I am, isn't it?

And it's all because of you, Jeon Jungkook.

it's only the 2nd chapter in and there's already so much angst oops

also im pretty sure that i make up like half the views ive gotten on this story so far lmao

also soMEONE SAVE ME (i need your love before i fall, fall) IM ENTERING HIGHSCHOOL LITERALLY IN LIKE 5 DAYS AND I DONT KNOW WHERE SHIT IS AND I LOOK LIKE A FOURTH GRADER AND I'M GONNA GET STEPPED ON BY THE SENIORS FUUUUU-

Tragic, Unsent, Love Letters [VKook]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें