Shout at the Moon, It Might Answer You

Start from the beginning

    She felt selfish with her feelings. How could she let Dan go through all that pain and suffering and the beatings? How could she flaunt her masculine looks in front of him as if it were his fault she changed? How could she hurt him? Tears began to well in Phils eyes as she wiped them away before they could fall. "I know what I need to do." She said confidently as she gathered herself together and her and Louise proceeded down the pavement.

    Her and Lou arrived at a house but it wasn't Louise's. It was Dan's.

    "Do you want me to come in with you?" Louise asked but Phil just nodded no. "I think I need to do this on my own Lou. But thank you. For everything." Phil told her as the two shared a small hug before Louise made her way home. Phil let out a big huff as she built up her confidence and walked on to his porch. It appeared no one was home but Phil decided to knock anyway. "Dan? It's Phil. Are you home?" She called out but no noise was made. Phil sighed in defeat. If he wasn't home then where is he? Phil began to make her way home but stopped. She knew exactly where he could be. It was a bit far fetched but she wasn't going to give up. And so she jogged along the dirtpath through the old fields until she came across a familiar barn. As Phil made her way to the doors she swore she saw a person at the top, looking out the window. Phil quietly opened the door to reveal the familiar warmth and comfort that the barn provided. She then climbed up the ladder to reveal a brown haired boy look through a telescope while surrounded by journals of constellations all spread out on a quilt.

    "You always were one for Astronomy." She said out loud as Dan snapped his head back in shock. "Phil?" He questioned as he stood from his previous position. "What are you doing here?" He asked, kicking the hay around with his feet. "How dare you." Phil said. Dan looked up in shock and small guilt in his features. "How dare you think that you have any right to make that kind of decision for me." Phil said through gritted teeth as she stepped closer to Dan as she spoke. Dan looked up in confusion but Phil kept going. "My dad gave me the choice on whether I wanted to be with my family or not. They told me that, not you. So don't you dare think that you get to make my decisions. If I wanted to be with them, I would have stayed at the house that night. But instead I went to you. I told you what happened, hoping you would understand my decision but instead you lie and twist it against me so that I have no choice but to go back. Dan, I was going to give up my family for you.." She choked out as the tears poured down her face. Dan had his own water works going on as he walked over to Phil and grabbed her hands in his own. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry but I felt selfish being the reason you would have left your family. I wanted you to be happy and I figured the only way to do that was to let you go." He sobbed to the girl in front of him. The girl who until a month and a half ago he had no idea existed and yet here he is, pouring his heart and soul in to her.

    "You didn't let me finish.." She whispered. At this point the two were very close and the tears had stopped. Dan only nodded for Phil to go on. Waiting for her to tell him that she has changed. That she has a better life without him. That she's happier without him. "How dare you think that you can force me to choose my family over the one I love.."She finished. Dan had to think for a moment if he heard correctly but sure enough he was right. She just said she loved him. "Y-You love me?" He asked her ever so quietly that the crickets outside were louder than him. She only nodded as she let out a breathy laugh while shaking her head. "I know, how stupid am I?" She said in a joking manner as she looked down at their interlocked hands. "I love you too." He said back to her. Phil looked up as her and Dan's eyes met. She remembered the first time she ever looked into those eyes and saw the universe and the stars all colliding together. Dan on the other hand saw something completely different. He saw the sun, yellow flowers, and a garden full of daisies which were Phil's favorite flower. She was like a dream to him and if he pinched himself he'd wake up.