{10}

The cell that I was in was small, cramped, and I struggled to have a comfortable position as there were chains locked onto both of my ankles. Justin wanted no mercy upon me, making sure that I received the darkest, most disturbing cell down in this ridiculous dungeon. All around me, I could smell the past within these walls.

Pain, torture, agony, even death. Blood was the strongest scent here, and it nearly made me gag at first when I was brought down here, but now I had grown use to it. It sickened me really--the fact that I was now completely use to the scent of blood. I shouldn't be accustomed to such a heavy, pungent smell.

But now, I realized that it would soon be getting close to dawn, if not already. I couldn't tell what the time was, considering all source of light was cut off down here. However, I know I've been down here for several hours, considering Myles or Gabriel checked my chains every hour to make sure that I haven't tried to escape, though I don't know how I could anyways.

Death would soon come to me, and like before when I was being transported here, I would welcome it. I had nothing to live for. Calypso would be taken care of by her little mate and parents, and my new friends had each other. No one needed me...

The sound of a door slamming alerted me, resulting with me sitting up and leaning against what was probably a blood stained wall. Footsteps were heard approaching my cell, and my nerves grew more and more wild as the steps became louder.

It was hard to see in the dark, but I could make out a familiar figure. Gabriel was approaching my cell, a frown on his face. A sigh escaped his mouth as he glanced down at me through the silver bars.

"Luna Azura, I--"

"It's fine, Gabriel. This isn't your fault," I said softly.

My soft tone seemed to cause him to tense up and cringe slightly. "But...I could have tried to--I mean, you can't go against the Alpha's words, but this is ridiculous!"

I shook my head, staring down at the concrete floor. "Gabriel, I told you that it's fine. This is my fate--always has been."

"Don't say things like that. What about Romania or Phoebe? What about my daughter?" he asked softly.

I smiled. "You can take care of Romania and Calypso, and Phoebe has Myles. I have no one really, so I'm sure that you all will be fine without me."

"Look, I know I never really talked to you at all. And I know I came off as a jerk, but I'm really not. When I'm doing my job, I'm doing my job and nothing more, so please listen to me. You can't die, you hear me? We need to find a way for you to escape, we need--"

"Gabriel! What's takin' so long in there?!" the roaring sound of Justin's voice crackled into the air.

Immediately, Gabriel stood straight up, his emotions having vanished, and a neutral look was plastered on his face. "My apologies, Alpha, I--"

"Just shut up and get out of my way!" he roared out, pushing his Beta away and unlocking the cell, entering and grabbing me by my hair, causing a scream to escape from my mouth, "You little whore! Tryin' to get your dirty hands all over a mated wolf?! You're disgusting and a piece of trash! I can't wait to personally behead you today!"

Tears trickled down my face. "No, Justin I--"

"Alpha, she didn't do anything to me, I swear. She's done nothing! You've lost it, Justin! That curse has become too much for your brain to handle, and you need to accept that! We can break the curse if you will just let us help you!" Gabriel pleaded.

"I don't need any help! I'm perfectly fine, and if you want to keep your position as Beta, then I'd suggest you'd keep your mouth shut, yeah?!" Justin snarled as he dragged me out of my cell, the dirt covered floor smearing my clothes even more so than what they originally were.