{6}

The next day, I was sitting on the counter of the kitchen, Phoebe cooking breakfast for her family, including myself. I didn't want her to, but she insisted on doing so, and she also insisted that I watch her cook the breakfast. She informed me that watching her cook would help me in learning how to cook as well, along with helping her out with the dishes that she made.

"Did Justin calm down any last night?" she asked me, worriedly glancing my way.

I shook my head. "He didn't even go to bed, just told me goodnight before leaving the bedroom."

She sighed. "I'm sorry for upsetting him. Sometimes, I honestly forget that my family is cursed, but when I see Justin's temper and my. . .lack of ability to have pups, it's like a slap to the face, you know?"

"It isn't pleasant to be different, is it," I mumbled out, playing with a strand of my light blue hair.

I saw her glance over at me, a sad look on her face. "No, it isn't. But you aren't alone anymore, Azura. I've fully accepted you as my sister. You can come to me with any problems that you have. You know that, right?" Phoebe flipped the bacon, turning off the stove when everything was done.

I nodded. "I figured," Smiling, I hopped off the counter and helped her fix the plates.

"Here, can you take this plate to Justin for me?" she asked, "He should be in his office. That's where he goes to cool his temper down."

"Sure, but uh--where is his office?" I asked, blushing lightly.

She giggled. "It's on the same floor as the bedroom, the large double door set at the very end of the hallway."

Nodding, I carefully grabbed his plate and walked the few flights of stairs, reaching the top floor in a panting mess. It was more than likely due to the fact that I was gravely out of shape. Walking down the hallway, I grew more nervous with each step that brought me closer to his office doors. When I finally reached them, I gently knocked, hoping for a reasonably non-shouting response.

"Who is it?" I heard from the other side of the double door set.

Gulping, I answered. "U-um, it's Azura. I. . .I brought you breakfast."

"Enter."

Shivering at his commanding tone, I nervously opened one of the doors, stepping inside. His office was well kept, not a single piece of paper out of order. He had filing cabinets everywhere, for just about anything. His large form was hunched over his desk, reading over documents and writing down notes. Walking over, I quietly sat his plate down, gasping when he suddenly pulled me on his lap. His lips instantly caught mine in a heated kiss, my eyes widened in both shock and fright. He growled lowly, biting my bottom lip, causing me to gasp and allow him to deepen the kiss.

After a few minutes, he pulled away, only to trail heated kisses down my jaw and towards the crook of my neck, where he scraped his fangs against it. I gasped, afraid that he would mark me without my permission, and my fears were confirmed.

His canines bit down, deep into my skin, a cry of pain escaping my lips. I could feel the blood flowing down my neck, and tears welled in my eyes. He had marked me as his, without my permission even!

Even I do not approve of this! Kritire will be dead!

'And I thought you said he would bring me happiness. . .'

When he pulled away, he licked the blood that stained his lips, then leaning down and lapping my neck clean. "I heard from Romania that the girls are planning on taking you out shopping today. Therefore, I needed the connection in order to make sure that you are safe at all times."