Chapter One.

Mum hated me having my feet up on the sofa, it just sent her crazy. But I did it anyway because I loved making her mad. Well, that was until she came back into the living room, which was neatly joined onto our kitchen.

'Jessica Scott. Get your feet of my sofa.' Mum shouted over to me.

'Why.' I asked, not doing as she had asked.

'We've been through this, and I'm not going through it again. Just do as I ask please.'

'But I do see why I can't. There not exactly dirty. I've just had a shower.'

'Remove your feet from my sofa, now.'

'Nope.'

'Jessica, I'm warning you.'

'I said no, for god's sake.'

'Get to your room now.'

'Nope.'

'Now Jessica. If I have to ask you again, I swear you will be banned from the lounge.'

'For fucks sake!'

'What did you just say?'

I paused, not realizing what I'd just said.

'Get to your room you ungrateful little cow!' Mum scowled, as I stormed my way to and up the stairs.

I hated my life! Mum didn't let me socialise, only with my snotty little sister, Addison. And being home-tutored didn't help the situation! I sat on my bedroom floor, my arms hugging my legs. I wanted out of the house, there and then. But she practically had me prisoner. The only person I liked in my family was my Grandma, and she lived halfway down the country. Grabbing my phone off my pathetic barbie-looking bed side table, I attempted to phone my Grandma.

I let the phone ring for about 30 seconds then someone answered. Someone's voice I didn't recognize.

'Hello?' The voice said.

'Grandma?' I asked, wondering if I had the wrong number or something.

'Oh, one second.' The voice said, leaving a 20 second pause. 'Hello?' I heard my grandma say down the phone, making me feel relieved that I didn't have the wrong number.

'Grandma!' I squealed down the phone.

'Jessica darling, is everything okay sweetheart?'

'Yeah, course! I just wanted to ask something..'

'What do you want to ask me, doll?'

'Could I possibly stay with you this summer.. I promise I won't be any trouble!'

There was a pause, and you could here muttering as if she was covering the phone.

'Well, of course you can, darling. But me and Marge will be going to Birmingham for one of the weeks, so you will have to stay by yourself, if that's fine with you, and your mum.'

'Yes! Thanks grandma! I'll speak to you tomorrow, love you!'

'Uh, bye swe-' I quickly hung up in excitement!

I wanted to leave as soon as, so I went up in the attic to find a suitcase. I hadn't even asked my mum yet but I was so excited. It took me about ten minutes to finally ratch out the suitcase and to actually bring it downstairs. It had dust all over it. We never really got chance to go holiday in our family. Dad was too busy working.

I wiped off all the dust, and opened the suitcase gently. I then started to raid my closets and drawers for piles of clothes. I had about two high piles of clothes stacked up on my bed. But before I started to load them into my suitcase, I believed that it was reasonable to ask mum first, just incase. So I head back down the stairs and into the kitchen.