Chapter 8

*Third person pov*

Warped tour was finally over and everyone returned home. They've been home for about two days now and it felt relaxing....for obvious reasons. It was mid day in the Perry/Preciado apartment and all that was going on was Tony and Jaime watching TV while Raven takes a nap.

"Tony, can I ask you a serious question?"

"Sure go ahead."

"Okay, so I know the whole Melody situation. Does Raven know that you being a single parent isn't normal?"

"Honestly, I'm not quite sure. She's never asked about Melody, but then again she's only four. She probably doesn't understand it yet. At least I hope she doesn't."

Both men heard a door being opened and closed and immediately knew it was Raven. Jaime told Tony he wanted to talk about it later and Tony agreed. For now though, they were just gonna focus on Raven. "Have a good nap Tony Junior?"

"Tio, that's not my name. I'm Raven, not Tony Junior!"

Jaime apologized and snickered a little. She probably just doesn't understand the nickname. Raven sat next to Tony and talk about his promise he made her. The promise was that if Raven was a good girl for the whole day, then she could make him play whatever she wanted him to. Now Tony just has to hold up his end of the deal.

"So what do you wanna play, Raven?"

"I wanna paint your nails, Papa. Then, you can paint mine and Tio Jaime's!"

Tony was a little apprehensive, but decided he didn't want to upset his bebita by saying no. Raven led him to her room and showed him all the colors of nail polish she has. She even let him pick his own color, which was light blue. It was honestly a really nice color in his opinion. He watched her start painting his nails. Just thinking about how he brought this girl into the world and he's gonna be by her side the rest of their lives. It's a crazy thought for him. Tony wasn't planning on having a kid at eighteen. He wanted to have kids eventually, but he was thinking around his early thirties. He was soon snapped out of his thoughts by Raven and Jaime calling his name.

"Papa, I'm done. Aren't they pretty?"

"Yeah, they are. You did a good job, Ray."

Recently, Tony started calling Raven, Ray and she responds to it. He's been waiting for a nickname she's okay with. But she only lets Tony call her that, not anyone else or she throws a fit. Raven then picked out a glittery purple nail polish and gave it to Tony. "Papa, is Destiny your girlfriend?"

"No, she's not."

"Why?"

Tony didn't know how to respond, so he just said he didn't know and the topic was dropped. He liked Destiny a whole lot. He wishes they were together. She's great with Raven and Raven loves her to death. But she's in a relationship at the moment, so there's nothing he could do. Although there has been this girl that's into Tony, but he's still not sure about her. He hasn't even brought her around Raven. He doesn't think Raven would like her in all honesty.

"Ray, what if I told you that after we're done here we can go over to Vic and Mike's."

"Really?! I like Vic and Mike, they're my friends!"

Tony smiled at her as he finished her last nail. The finished product was amazing in Raven's eyes. She thinks her Papa might be the best nail painter ever! Tony told Raven to get ready to go to Vic and Mike's, well it's really their parents home, but you get the point. Raven decided to bring Turk because he was being a good boy according to her. Jaime took his car instead of riding with Tony because he wanted some food first. But while Tony and Raven were on the way there she was asking some pretty tough questions.

"Papa, are you supposed to have a girlfriend?"

"Well, it's my choice to have one or not."

"But, how come everybody else has a girlfriend? And not you, Papa."

Tony didn't answer that question because he couldn't explain the situation with Destiny to a four year old. He couldn't find more simple ways to put it in. "Papa, does everybody have a mommy?"

Tony wanted to stop the car right there in the middle of the road. He can't believe Raven just asked about mother's. He didn't think she'd ask this early in life. He was thinking questions would start coming when she would be around nine or ten. "Yes everyone has a mommy, Ray."

"So then where's my mommy? I want a mommy too!"

"How about we talk about that later, princess? After we're done playing with Vic and Mike."

"Only if we get to make a blanket fort!"

Tony promised like he should then found himself in the driveway. He quickly got himself and Raven out the car and into the house. Raven was quick to tell Vic and Mike to start making a blanket fort like her Papa promised her they would do. They all followed Raven's instructions and started building. Tony took this time to sit down in the kitchen and let Raven play with someone else for a change. Mama and Papa Fuentes were also in the kitchen and wanted to have a conversation about their 'adopted' grandchild that they haven't seen for quite some time.

"Hey Tony, what are you gonna do about school next year for Raven?"

"Oh, uh, I was gonna enroll her in an online school since we're gonna be touring on and off throughout the years."

Mama and Papa Fuentes weren't so keen on the idea, but it's not their decision what Raven should do, it's Tony's. They talked about the many adventures Raven and them has while at warped tour. Then, Tony told them about what Raven had asked on the way to the house.

"I mean, I can't tell Raven the truth about Melody! One, it's just not the ideal 'how mommy met daddy' story. Two, she's only four and won't understand why she's not around."

"Didn't you say that Melody simply didn't want a child?"

"Yes, which is messed up. If I didn't take Raven, she'd be in foster care."

The room turned silent for a minute or two, then came a small voice that Tony didn't expect to hear. "Papa, why would I be in foster care? What's that?"