Chapter 4

*Time skip......again* *February of 2007*

So we found some guys who needed a bass player and a guitar player I think  their names were Vic and Mike. We've talked over the phone and they seemed pretty cool. I haven't told them about Raven because I came up with a new plan. If I make her a surprise, then if they're okay with her being around all the time, we could be a band. But if not, I guess we'll take our business elsewhere. We're actually waiting for them to come to my house so we get everything set in stone.

"I hope you know what you're doing." Jaime said after putting Raven down in front of some toys.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing. I bet they'll love her just as much as you do!"

"Papa, play with me!!" Raven ran into my leg and screamed at me in Spanish. I'm not sure why, but she only speaks to everyone we know in Spanish. Even Destiny who doesn't know a thing other than English. Jaime and I have been teaching her a little bit of English ever since she could talk, but I guess she just likes to speak her native tongue. Sometimes she even refuses to answer me when I speak English to her! So I'm somewhat forced to speak Spanish all the time around her.

"Not right now, princess. Don't you wanna meet Vic and Mike?"

"No."

"Well too bad because it's happening." I picked up Raven and took her to her room so I could get her dressed. Now this is the hard part; she hates putting clothes on with a passion. All she's wearing right now is her pull-up and her pacifier is in her mouth. "Raven, what do you want to wear?"

She looked at me with anger in her eyes and stomped her foot. Raven is the definition of terrible twos, let me tell you that much. She's the sassiest, most defiant two year old I've ever encountered and I'm gonna have to deal with her the rest of my life. It doesn't make it any better that she practically has Jaime and I wrapped around her little fingers. "Raven, please don't make Papa have to get grandma again. She yelled at both of us last time we woke her up."

She screamed as loud as she could then ran between my legs out of the room. I ran after her and after what seemed like hours, but was really only twenty minutes, I managed to catch her and pick out an outfit. I was holding Raven while Jaime attempted to put on her clothes, which was a black shirt under some overalls and black vans. She was kicking her feet and wiggling around the whole time, but we managed to get clothes on her right as the doorbell rang. Jaime quickly answered the door and revealed Vic and Mike. I was tying Raven's shoes, so I couldn't get up to greet them. Before I actually did get up I whispered something to Raven.

"Raven, if you're good today while Vic and Mike are here, then we'll take you to the park or the zoo tomorrow. Maybe we'll even get ice cream."

She squealed and clapped her hands. I swear she is going to be the death of me. Vic and Mike walked into the living room and sat down beside me. "Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Tony."

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Vic and this is my brother, Mike."

I saw Raven's turtle, Turk, fly across the room and it accidentally landed on Vic's thighs. He looked super confused then heard Raven's feet scatter over to him to claim her friend. "Hey there cutie. What's your name?" Raven stared at him then slowly walked away over to Jaime in the recliner. "Did I say something wrong?"

"She's just shy." I switched from English to Spanish and said "Raven Antonia, come say hi and get Turk please. Remember what Papa said about being a good girl?"

"Oooh, she's your daughter. Now I see it."

Okay, so I guess now is the time to tell Vic and Mike everything they need to know before things get settled. I told them all about Raven and how she's going wherever I'm going. They seemed fine with it and I'm so ecstatic about that! They're honestly the first people to be okay with Raven being around. Raven got to know the guys a little better, but she's scared of Mike because he's "too big"......at least in her words he is. Everything is fine now though, so everyone decided to tag along with Raven and I to the park and the zoo tomorrow. Let's just see how that goes.