1. THE MARRIAGE

*A night before the wedding*

I check my phone one more time, convincing myself that this is the last time As I prepare myself for sleep, and there's nothing, not a single message or a call. I take a look to where my wedding dress is hanging; tomorrow will be a big day...

I finally give up and turn off my cell phone.

The person whom I'm waiting response from will never call again because it's already over.

I put my head on the pillow and turn off the lights.

"Why? Why me? Of all people, I don't get to marry the person I love?" I ask myself desperately.

But no use, i didn't have too many relationships because I don't like to play around and also because I've been afraid of heart break which eventually happened to me.

The only guy I actually loved with all my being was the person I had a long distance relationship with. I know it's not the best kind of it but it just happened and it ended...

Flashback.

« Sorry, it's hard to love through distance... I really like you so much though babe", said the man I truly loved with a simple message.

End of flashback.

I often remember this... moving on seemed to be impossible before that message... but surprisingly I'm doing "OKAY"

He is the only guy I ever loved with all my being... we never met but he owned my heart for a quiet while. I was about to tell my parents about him when... when he broke me with those words, he simply proved me that he's not even considering coming over or doing anything about the distance that separates our bodies and not our hearts... me on the other hand I wanted to change that fact and make the distance disappear from our way because it was my way to happiness or at least it's what I thought 2 weeks ago.

I was always thinking of how first actual meeting will be like. How will it feel being next to a person my heart desires more than my body does... How will it be like to be in his arms or how his voice will sound when my bare ears hear it... How his honest smile will make me feel facing it without using computer cameras...

But unfortunately that message was the way my dream had to end.

*the wedding day*

I look at the mirror, realizing what outfit I have put on, a wedding gown

-"Yooona! You look absolutely  stunning sister! A gorgeous red haired bride! Can't believe you're already getting married! Gosh I'm gonna miss you". Says my little sister  to me.

I didn't pay attention when she entered the room.

-"me neither... " I mumble

-huh? Did you say anything?

-" I said : I will miss you too", I answer with a fake smile.

***

It's annoyingly quite in this church, the priest is about to speak... about to ask me if I want to marry this strange man in front of me.

It's a little bit unfair to call him "stranger" because we were childhood friends after all. My father and his planned for this marriage when we were kids. We forgot about it as we grow up but again the idea came back and I had no objections or reason to refuse it as long as he agreed as well which he did indeed.

-" Do you Yona Misaki take this man Harry Styles to be your husband, to love and honor him, to protect and comfort him forsaking all offered, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

... (I get lost in my thought) ...

- "Yes, I do."

I was lost again in my thoughts when it was his turn to answer, but I'm sure he said the same.

I couldn't look him in the eyes, I don't know why... maybe I was scared, maybe I didn't want any contact with him to avoid showing the conflicts that going on in my head... it's hard to control it.

They say you only wear this white wedding dress once, when you choose the partner you want to spend your life with... well I am sure I'm not the first one in the world who's marrying someone I didn't choose myself...