Surprise

This is dedicated to one of my favourite authors on wattpad: MyLovelyWriter :)

 That's Emma Roberts as Toriiiiii:)

" Three words: Oh my God!" I said, staring at myself in the mirror. My hair was twisted in tiny riglets and French-braided into a messy chignon, looking gorgeous in a turquoise halter dress and bright orange-colour gladiator sandals. Hooking arms with me, Tori looked stunning in a dark red strapless dress and strappy bronze platform heels, her hair tied into a low-riding ponytail anchored with bobby pins.

Downstairs, Mae was holding a wooden chest box. She had brushed the kinks out of her hair, and smoothed cover-up over her tear stains. This was a typical Mae-thing to do, which was to never let others be affected by her mood.

I looked around and saw Rob, several white blond curls hung in his eyes. He leaned forward, cuff links against the marble tabletop and an enigmatic smile turned up at the corners of his mouth.

I smiled back, turning away to realise that Devon was looking at me, his trademark lopsided smile disappearing from his face as he turned his gaze away from me. I tried my best to ignore how good he looked, even though he was only in a thin, slightly torn sweater and jeans.

" Livia, take these," Mae said, handing me a pair of white gloves," Clench your fists and the self-defence claws would pop out."

She went on with the rest, passing each of them a different weapon. I slipped the gloves on, amazed at how well they matched my dress.

" Hailey made them during one of her practices," Mae murmered, receiving sad smiles from us all. But to my surprise, she lifted her head and laughed, a silvery peal that echoed off the marble walls.

******************************

Music pounds from the speakers as we pushed open the doors into the pub, surveying the dancing leather-clad crowd, we sat down.

" Vodkas please!" Tori shouted to the bar-tender. He shuffled to us, his hands in his pockets and shook his head," Sorry, you guys are under eighteen."

Tori glanced at him with wide eyes, opening her mouth but shut it before saying anything. She stood up and sidled forward, stroking her hair in front of her shoulders. She grabbed his collar and stared into his eyes, whispering," No, you're wrong. You will get us vodkas this instant."

She straightened back up, loosening her hold on his shirt and made a shooing motion with her hands. He nodded, staring at us with blank eyes, walking away and arriving with our drinks minutes later.

" Works all the time," Tori smirked, sipping her lemonade vodka. I was swaying the glass in my hand and followed Tori's gaze on a green-eyed hottie. She saw me looking and gave me a ' Watch me' look.

I watched as she made her way to him, swaying her hips from side to side. Next thing I knew, she was making out with him, turning sideways to give me a self-satisfied smile. Trying to ignore the ear-splitting strains of pop music, I pushed my way through the crowd and went outside.

My back against the wall, I inhaled the clean fresh air. I looked up at the night sky, a beautiful soft glow twinkled at me.

" What are you doing out here all alone?" Devon appeared from the shadows. I turned to walk away but he grabbed my hand.

" What?" I swiped his hand away. He leaned against the wall, his gaze on me as he questioned," Arent you suppose to be with Rob?"

" Why do you care?" Corking my eyebrows, I folded my arms and lifted my chin up. He placed his hands on my shoulders," I like you, Liv. and I thought you liked me back."