The new Livia?

On Saturday evening, I stood outside Tori's house, playing with the hem of the pretty vintage silver sequin minidress. Tori's party was in full blast, music boomig from the speakers can be heard from outside the door. Nervously, I pulled out a tiny bottle of perfume from my bag and dabbed it on my wrists and throat. Tucking the bottle away, I stood on the wide front porch, pressing the doorbell and the door opened.

An involuntary smile played on Devon's lips as he stepped back and said," Looks like you found your way here. Come on in. That's a pretty dress by the way."

My cheeks reddened at the very sight of him. All week i have been trying to forget his gorgoeus face and here he was, his large hand curled around my arm as he pulled me in. Inside it was dark, lit only by the small vintage lamps on the dark red walls and candles on the tables. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust but when i did, I saw rustic chic leather furniture, draped with colourful, ethnic-looking cushions.

I fell back on the couch and sat still as Tori danced over to me, swinging her arm over my shoulders and patting my head with her other hand.

"You're here!" She screamed out, letting go of me. I just kept a smile on my face as I watched her take a pink champagne bottle from her fridge, aiming the cork at the ceiling," Champagne does wonders, dont you think?"

She poured each of us a glass, giggling as the pink liquid stained her white see-through V-necked dress. I guess she had been drinking before i came.

I tipped the glass up to my mouth and let myself enjoy the bubbly feeling against my lips, on my tougue. I let another mouthful of the sweet champagne slide down my throat and leaned back, savouring each mouthful. I liked how my body was relaxing with every mouthful i drank and when my glass was empty, I felt really pleasant and light-headed. I have forgotten how much I missed this. This is something that you do not usually find in heaven.

Tori lifts up the empty champagne bottle  and spins on her toes," Let's play Truth or Dare!"

Rob spinned the bottle. It pointed to Mae. " Dare," Mae said, sounding more nervous as she twisted her hands together, her pretty green eyes flitting around at all of us in obvious fear.

" Skinny dip. We havent done that for ages, if i can even remember," Rob smirked, flexing his arms. Mae scowled at him, her face turning red as she shifted from foot to foot. Relunctantly, she stripped in front of us and ran nude towards Tori's indoor swimming pool.

" Argh! That's cold!" I heard her scream out and laughed to myself. Mae came back, now gleaming with mischief with a towel wrapped around her petite body.

"My turn!" Mae spinned the bottle...it pointed to me. Mae looked at me competitively and I looked back at her, hesitating," Dare."

" Dare," Mae said slowly, lifting her glass to her lips and peering at me over the rim. " Kiss Devon," she shrugged, her thin light eyebrows arched slowly above her bright eyes.

I stared back at her, my mind screaming at me as I stood up and walked over to Devon. Tori clapped her hands together and grinned at me.

Here goes...and I pinned myself onto Devon, leaning in to press my lips against his. He inhaled and kept his eyes wide open the whole time. I let go, blinking as I raced back to sit beside Gabrielle, embarassment burning inside and outside of me. Devon just sipped his champagne, like nothing was wrong.