Twelve

After Dean caught up with Lisa the attention was directed at me.

"Dean warned me about you. How are you?" She asks me, a concerned look on her face.

"Uh yeah, I'm alright. Apart from all the death that I've manged to encounter in the past couple of months." I say and Lisa nods.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that sweetie." She says sympathetically and I smile.

"Thanks." I say while taking a sip of my lemonade then calling it a night.

"Well, I'm off to bed. Night guys." I say. They both say goodnight and I walk off to my new room. Little did I know, Sam was standing in there before I went in and was currently leaning against a lamp post, wishing that he could just walk up to the house and engulf us in a hug and tell us that it was all just a bad dream.

As I was sitting in my bed, reading my book, I hear a knock at the door, grabbing my attention.

"Come in!" I shout while reading the paragraph I was currently on. I look up when I see Ben with a big smile on his face. He was happy to have another kid in the house. I could just tell already. Mia had that look on her face when she was 3. I'll never forget the looks she gave me.

"Hey Ben." I greet.

"Hey Bridget. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your sister and Sam and all." He tells me and I frown a little but smile through it.

"Thanks Ben. You wanna hang tomorrow?" I ask him.

"Yeah sure. I'll have to convince mom though." He says sadly.

"Don't worry about that. I'll handle it." I say and he nods.

"OK then. See you tomorrow." He says.

"See ya and by the way. I heavily suggest you don't wake me up early or you are dead." I say and he laughs.

"Got it." Then he closes the door, leaving me smiling like a goof ball.

I lost a sibling, a great and smart one at that but gained another. Exactly like her but crazier and goofier. I could tell I'm going to enjoy my new life.

Next day

"Darcy! Up! Now!" I hear my dad shout through my door.

"5 more minutes!" I shout back but he opens the door and flips the blanket back.

"Nope. Up now." He tells me. I look to my clock on the nightstand and see that its 7 in the morning.

"No way. Its too early for a weekend." I say and put my face back in my pillow. He laughs.

"Damn. Thought I could get away with that." He smiles and I smile back at him and open my eyes.

"Nah. Where are you off to?" I ask him and he scratches the back of his neck.

"Actually, I woke up like an hour ago on pure instinct then got bored so decided to wake you up." He explains and I look at him.

"Gee, love you too. Go back to bed. You wanted a normal apple pie life? Sleeping is part of it." I tell him and he nods.

"Yeah, yeah. See ya." He tells me then plants a kiss on my head before walking out of the room and I easily fall back asleep. Something I had missed dearly since meeting my dad. Sleep is a girls best friend after all.

A few hours later, I woke up at 10:15. A time I was happy with. I smile and get up. I check my hair and give it a bit of a brush before walking down the stairs and seeing a note on the counter.

Morning sweetie. Breakfast is in the oven. Your father is getting some supplies with Ben and I'm at work.

XX. Lisa.