Prologue

High heels drop on the carpet of her bedroom before she heads to the mirror and looks at it. She sees a 5'3 female with dimples and green eyes, stubborn strawberry blonde curls all the way down her waists. She had make-up on her face matching her long-sleeved floral dress which was up to just above her knees. She pasted a smile on her face making herself look completely presentable. This was eighteen-year-old Lydia Martin.

She picks up her purse which had little in it then her high heels after. As she walked out of her room, her phone rang as it received a message. It was from Malia. It said, still coming sweetheart?:^)

She replied shortly afterwards.
heading there now dame -_-

Going down the stairs and heading to the door, she passed the living room and shouted, " Mom, I'm heading out. I'll be back by midnight. "

It was All Saint's Eve night. In other words, it was Halloween and she was, of course, invited to the Halloween Party in school. It was located at the Beacon Hills High gym but she didn't bother wearing any costume since she thought those attires were pretty much only for kids. Being already eighteen, it was a no for her.

She hops inside her blue Toyota Yaris and started driving to her destination. On her way, when she was just a few blocks away, her phone started ringing again but this time it was a call. Looking at her phone, she saw Malia's face and name.

" Have patience, Mals. " she said with a smile on her face.
" Lydia! " Malia spoke out though the phone. Her voice sounded serious and like she was in trouble.

She didn't buy it at first since she thought it must've been another one of Malia's oh-so-great pranks.
" Malia, I'm not buying it. " Her smile faded into a frown.

" No, Lydia! I'm not kidding. Where the hell are you? "
" Um, I'm in my car. I'm heading to the party. " she said in a calm voice since she still thought this must be a prank.
" No, no, Lydia! Don't go to the school! "
" Why not? "
" Just don't! Call Scott. Tell him- " Malia's words were cut followed by a sound of distress.
She immediately alerted. " Malia? Malia! What's going on? "
She wasn't answered but what she heard from Malia's speaker were horses neighing and breathing and sounds of soft explosions like the ones she heard from her science experiments.

Lydia fell silent as the phone call cut and she slowly moved the phone away from her ear. She looked around her surroundings and saw that she was heading to the back of the school. She looked up seeing no clouds were seen above making the sky darker then lightning flashed followed by a sound of thunder. She started feeling something in her chest. Oh no. Something's gonna happen this very night.

When she got closer, she saw Stiles' blue jeep parked alone with one of it's doors open.

" No. " she immediately stepped out of her car and ran towards it. Looking inside the jeep and further in, " Stiles? " she spoke. But nobody was inside it.

Suddenly, a hand gripped her arm and turned her around making her gasp in surprise. She looked up seeing the tall figure above her.

Lydia took a breath of relief when she saw whiskey eyes, ebony black hair and moles on portions which she had always loved so much. It was just Stiles.

Stiles was panting and it was pretty obvious he was just running away from something. Lydia stared up at him alerted and shocked. She has no clue what was going on.

" Stiles! "
" Lydia, get in the jeep. "
" What? "
" Just get in the jeep now! "

And so, Lydia did what she was told and quickly slid inside the jeep and to the passenger seat. Stiles went to the driver seat afterwards and closed the door. Lightning flashed and once again, was followed by thunder. Stiles looked out and around the jeep cautiously. Lydia watched him completely clueless.

" Stiles, what's going on? "

He looked at her as she looked at him. She could see something in his eyes, something she didn't like or want to see.

" They're coming. The Riders. "

Stiles explained to her about everything that was happening. He told her that everyone was forgetting everything, that everyone was forgetting who he was and about him. Although, he didn't know how or why. He knew he was next.

" No, I'm not gonna let them take you. " Lydia's breath trembled hearing his words.
" Lydia... "
" I'll scream. I-I'll do everything I can- " she kept shaking her head.

" It's too late. I've already been forgotten. "

Lydia stopped talking. She looked into his whiskey eyes as she tried to calm down but she wasn't. Her breathing was still hitching.

" Well, I'm not forgetting you. "

Both of them looked at each other for a moment. Smaragd green ones to whiskey yellow eyes. The next thing they knew, their lips collided creating a passionate and deep kiss. Her fingers tugged at the tufts of his fucked-up ebony hair pulling him closer to her. His hands were on her cheeks. Their chained passion was cut off when they heard horses neighing nearby. Stiles turned around and Lydia looked at the direction. Both of them saw the clique of Ghost Riders heading towards their very direction.

" No, Stiles. Look at me. " she held his cheeks and turned his head around so he was looking at her again. " Look at me, Stiles. Just focus on me, please. "

Stiles gave her a small smile as he held his hand in hers tightly. He didn't wanna let go of her and so did she.

The wild hunt was getting closer and closer every millisecond. Stiles looked back before back at Lydia again. His heart started to beat faster. He was gonna be taken away. He was gonna be erased from existence and reality. He won't be remembered anymore. It will be oblivion for him. Stiles didn't have a choice.

" Don't forget me. " he said.
" I won't. " she said.

Stiles slowly put down both their hands and let go of hers before he stepped out of the jeep and ran away from it and from Lydia. He needed her safe and to stay in the jeep so he made himself the exact target of the wild hunt. It didn't matter if he died, anyway. He needed her okay and alive so he ran away.

" Stiles, no! "

—END OF PROLOGUE—