Entry #4 Part 1

December 1st, 2015

It's getting harder. The entire "insightful" thing. Inspiration is natural, not forced. And I'm beginning to find less and less inspiration. I don't want to give up, but I haven't shared this book with anyone yet, who knows what they'll think? Is this boring? Is this not what you were hoping for? Oh, I know. I'll make it interesting. I know everyone has a different preference. So I'm going to touch every genre I know. The next few chapters are going to be short stories, made for specific genre preferences. And after this sentence, I will begin the table of contents and I hope at least someone enjoys this new look at books. (Please be warned, most of these were written in advance and I modified them to my liking. Some may vary from 5-60 pages, depending on my desire to continue them. Feel free to skip over the ones you are not interested in.)

Table Of Contents
1. Romance- Where Did the Time Go?
2. Action- Audacious
3. Fantasy- Down the Yellow Brick Road
4. Fan Fiction- Heavydirtysoul

#1 Where Did the Time Go?

"Why do you have to go now? Right when I want you to stay the most." His hand slips from mine with uncertainty.
"I don't want to go, just as much as you want me to stay," he answers with droopy eyes. "But you know I need to." My heart rips and falls to my feet. I push myself into his chest. I wrap my arms around his warm torso and hope to God that it never ends. He slowly brings his arms around me and then pulls me back to look him in the eye. "Emily, you know I love you. I want to stay and be here with you more than anything anyone has ever wanted. But I have to do this. So many people are depending on me to fix everything and it's my mess to fix." I withdraw my arms and stand up as straight as possible with a solemn look on my face.
"I love you, too, Nick. And I respect that you need to go. I just wish it hadn't ended so quick." So it turns out I'm not as strong as I thought, I think to myself as tears stream down my crushed face.
Nick's face forms quickly from serious to sympathetic as he pulls me into him once more. "Em...Em...Don't cry. It's okay, baby. I'm here. I haven't left yet." We stand there for two minutes and he finally starts to pull back as my sniffling pauses. I stop him from ending my last moment with him and whisper as softly as possible.
"Don't let go just yet."
He squeezes me tightly and responds, his voice smooth and serene. "I won't."

#2 Audacious

I am brave. My leg stings with excruciating pain and it causes me to wince. I am lying in Sector 1's East Room on the blue tiled floor. I can't breathe, and I can't find Jace. I do not surrender. I am not a coward. I fight for what I believe in.
I slide my numb body over to the black and blue pistol that Nivea dropped and shoot the chain that is squeezing my ankle. I am free and I get up with a struggle and almost fall back down again as I limp toward the door. I'm almost there. I slide the pistol into the back pocket of my dark blue, loose, Sector 5 pants. The air is thick with smoke, causing me to cough like crazy. All around me I see smoke and fire, engulfing the walls that surround me. My head spins but I reposition myself, readying myself for my next challenge. In the corner of my eye I see a tall muscular figure in a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. Jace. I scream his name but he does not hear me. My ears are ringing from all of the bombs and guns firing. I reach my hand out as if to grab Jace but he is too far away. His long dark nose fits perfectly on his narrow face and his lower lip puckers with a cut through the middle. His dark brown eyes glisten with worry. He is looking for me. I cry for him but my voice is strained so I run after him instead. Or at least try to anyways.
The world lowers beneath me, my legs have given in. The dart that Nivea shot me with made my legs weak and hurtful."I can't give up,"I murmur to myself trying to motivate myself to get up and chase after him. To get out. But my eyes start to go black in the corners until I can't see anything but darkness. I get lightheaded and everything slips away from me. I've passed out. In the middle of a bombing. How stupid.
One day earlier...
I wake up on Choosing Day with a headache and sweaty palms. Today is the day that all 15 year olds...basically choose their destiny. We live in a divided country that has only 10 different states, I guess you could call them, and I live in the 10th. We call them Sector's.
Sector 1 is the Sector of intelligence and are known for inventing most of our countries finest creations.
Sector 2 is the Sector of the affectionate, they are known for taking care of our Sector's soldiers during wars and whatnot.
Sector 3 is the Sector of athleticism, they are known for winning our sports tournaments.
Sector 4 is the Sector of the intuitive, they are known for winning most of the wars because they can see most of what's coming. So if you ask me...you don't want to mess with them.
And then there's Sector 5... Sector 5 is the Sector of fortitude. When the time comes to choose to be in any of the 10 Sector's I would be least qualified for Sector 5. I heard that they jump off 100 story buildings onto a mini trampoline. I feel queasy just thinking about it.
Sector 6 is the Sector of selflessness. They are known to help the homeless, but I could never bring myself into looking at one of their sad faces long enough to do any good. Which on my behalf isn't very selfless.
Sector 7 is the Sector of utilities. They are known for creating our countries most efficient working tools.
Sector 8 is the Sector of honesty. They are just known for never telling a lie, once their leader told a lie and was found lying in his closet, dead. It turns out that he was lying because it was top secret information from Sector 6 and he was not aloud to tell his Sector, he couldn't even tell his mother because she was not qualified to know.
Sector 9 is the Sector of peace. They have not been in a war since the year of 1980 when there were only 9 Sector's until the leader of Sector 1 decided to create a tenth Sector and all Sector's went into war. Some were on Sector 1's side,(Sector 3. Sector 4, Sector 5, Sector 7) some fought against. (Sector 2, Sector 6, Sector 8) But with only 3 Sector's fighting against, they won. 7,500 innocent citizens of these Sector's were killed and all Sector's went under a great suffer because they refused to help one another. But in the year of 1982 the war ended and Sector 10 was created.
Sector 10 is my Sector. Sector 10 is known for 3 different qualities not just 1, they are gardeners, miners and a judicial Sector. They take care of most of our products and when a citizen is accused for any kind of assault, crime and ect., we take care of it.
I have been alive on this divided earth for 15 years, and so far, I have not yet ever met someone I had the least been interest in. I have a neighbor named Sarah but our connection is not very close. My mother is a gardener and my father is 1 of the 9 judges in our country. I have a brother named Damon who is 17 and chose to stay in Sector 10 when he turned 15. I always thought of him as a Sector 1 kind of guy. He is always is reading new books and looking up how to invent new things. I guess he couldn't bare the thought of leaving his family. I understand.
"Kiera!" My mother yells to me,"Come here so I can do your hair for the choosing." In Sector 10 girls wear their hair in even buns and men wear their hair fairly short but still rough. Girls wear a dull crimson dress with a light, pale yellow ribbon around the bun in their hair. Men wear a white collared button-down shirt and a black tie with grey pants. We are a very traditional Sector and don't have much taste in fashion. My mom ties a sock around my dark brown ponytail and wraps the ponytail around the sock to create a perfect even bun. My mom is great with hair but I don't honestly like our hairstyles or dress code. Preferably, I like the Sector 5's hair and dress code. Sector 5 girls wear their hair in long dark ponytails with side bangs and a grey leather jacket, black t-shirt, grey leggings and black buckle boots. Men of Sector 5 wear their hair short and rough, (similar to Sector 10) a black leather jacket, grey t-shirt, black skinny jeans and grey mountain boots. I know it is dark but I feel like that's what I look best in.
When I wear this bright outfit I feel more sophisticated than I actually am. I am not fit to be a miner, I can't stay in small places for very long and those mining elevators are too air-tight for me. I could never be a judge, first of all, the government forbids female judges and second, I would never be able to handle getting up every morning knowing that all your doing is getting up to listen to sad stories and deciding whether or not they should be held guilty. My mother loves to garden but it not my best interest. I don't mind getting dirty but it's not enough to occupy my brain from different topics that I do not enjoy thinking about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk side by side with my brother, Damon- with my parents shortly behind us -who looks handsome in his oversized white button down and grey pants. He wears father's hand-me-downs so most of his clothes are quite baggy. His dark black tie compliments his deep blue eyes. He has rough brown hair that was freshly cut from my father only a half hour ago. I shudder as I walk past a 5 girl who looks to be about 18, however already has tattoos curved around her pale neck and an entire sleeve of just dragons. My mother told me that people who transfer to Sector 5 must be craving injury or death because of this: