Entry #3

November 24th, 2015 Thanksgiving

I think I've come to the conclusion, after searching through my music library, that older songs are better. There's just no denying it. Contrasting most importantly, my favorite band, The Killers, I had found that I enjoyed 12/13 songs in their second album, Sam's Town (2006), versus 4/15 in their most recent album, Battle Born (2013). It's just the way it is. I could say the same thing for the lead singers two solo albums, Flamingo (2010), The Desired Effect (2015). While other songs, amaze me more than I could ever explain. If you don't do anything else or listen to anything I say the rest of this book, I ask that you please listen to the song, The Clock Was Tickin' by Brandon Flowers. The song is extraordinary not because of its cords or instruments, but the lyrics, they tell an unbelievable story, that I'm sure most people don't even listen to. The song develops throughout a couple's entire life, from the moment they met to their last breaths on Earth and it's, although tragic, an interesting song about love, life, and unfortunately, death.
I'm not gonna lie, music means the world to me. There's no other way to put it. It is simply everything. Let me ask you a few questions;
What do you do when you're sad?
Happy?
Angry?
Disappointed?
Heartbroken?
Lovestruck?
There's a song for everything up there. And just to prove it;
I'm Not Okay by My Chemical Romance or Screen by Twenty One Pilots
Happy by Pharrell Williams or Ain't It Fun by Paramore
Misery Business by Paramore or Interlude: I'm Not Angry Anymore by Paramore
Truce by Twenty One Pilots or Interlude: Moving On by Paramore
Heart of a Girl by The Killers or Hate To See Your Heart Break by Paramore
The Only Exception by Paramore or Prizefighter by The Killers
Now, I get it. Some people don't like that kind of music. But that doesn't mean there isn't similar songs in your genre range. The truth is, music can solve any of your problems. There is a song for everything and anything you could think of. In fact, my favorite quote, said by one of my favorite musicians, Tyler Joseph, is, "Music seems to hold everything together." And he is so right. I can remember like it was yesterday, I was lying in bed, just crying. Probably for some dumb reason that I can't remember now, but the point is, music made it all stop. In fact, the first song I clicked on was Truce by Twenty One Pilots and it was the first time I had heard a song by them. Instantly, I knew that I loved them because the moment that song started playing, I already felt the pain relieving itself from me. No matter what situation you are in, you should never doubt or underestimate the ability of music.

Music is the solution. So what's the problem? KO