Entry #1

November 16th, 2015

I know I was told to be different, and I was told to be unique, but don't you find it so hard sometimes? I mean not in the stance that it's difficult because you're afraid of being bullied, but finding a way to be different. Think about it. Lot's of people dress the same as you, it's not like you can go to a store and pick something out and say "Hey look, I bet no one has this!" because chances are, someone does. And even if you sew your own clothes, that may be cool, but it sure isn't different. What's even harder is your personality. When you try to be different, you come off as mean and obnoxious because of the different tone and phrases, but when you're nice, all of a sudden you're put into this group of nice kids and all of you are suddenly "the same". Is there a way, to literally be different?
BUZZZ...
pier @ 8:30 :)))
I sigh hopelessly. I get mass texts like this all the time about party's happening at the pier over by the beach or the park on the west side of town. I don't think I've ever actually been to one, it's so regular to ignore them that I don't give it any thought. I stare at the piles of homework from my AP classes, basically falling off my desk. Junior year of high school is kicking me in the gut right about now. The funny thing is most of these assignments had the option of being a group project but all of my friends are either in a lower class of education, or already have their "study buddy" for the rest of eternity. Once in awhile someone will get in a fight and I can slip in but that's on a very rare occasion. Just so I can spare explaining and confusion in the future, let's get all the summaries of my friends over with now.

Kati Olivia's Friends (Yes, I know I have two first names. Ignore it.)
1. Jackson Chance
First thing you need to know about Jackson, is he's a complete idiot. Not like his grades are awful or he has a serious mental issue, he just says the wrong things at the wrong time. I've been real close with Jackson for about 5 years or so. I moved here in 7th grade and he was my neighbor then so he was really my only option and he's been by my side ever since. I know I'm probably making it sound like he's a burden and I'd try to get him off my back the second I could, but that's really not the case. I have a lot to thank him for, in fact. He's chased off plenty of "haters" or "bullies" you could say and he's a great friend period. I don't know why I introduced him so bitterly. Anyways, he's pretty dang tall. 6'1 now, and even in 7th grade he was 5'8. He's quite handsome actually, so as you can imagine every girl everywhere is all over him. It isn't just his height though, he has really dark brown eyes and if you don't look close enough, you might think they're black. He never has a bad hair day. Ever. It does this swishy thing where it's really soft and wavy and just goes everywhere but looks good at the same time. I don't know.
2. Kayden Prescot
Kayden, although a very manly name, is incredibly homosexual. I can't say I've never stolen a floral shirt from his closet before. Anyways, Kayden might be my best friend. He has a great sense of humor and there's less drama with him, he's always in a good mood. I met Kayden in CCD class, 8th year (ironically) and back then he seemed to be a lot less cheerful. I think holding everything in made him feel really insecure and talking to him was like prying a stubborn dogs mouth open. Fortunately, he opened the door in 9th grade and he's happier than ever now. I can truly say I'm glad I have him in my life. He might be the opposite of Jackson. 5'5, light, light blue eyes, blonde hair that he dyes a light lavender every now and then, sometimes pink if he's feeling fun. And also unlike Jackson, he knows what to say and when to say it.
3. Jamie Taylor Miller
Jamie Taylor (JT) is the first girl on my list and the first person with a completely different ora or personality. Although she isn't exactly like either of the friends I mentioned before, she does have Jackson's charm and Kayden's loud sense of humor. With JT you either love her, or you don't. I've known JT for a good two years and within that time span I've been to more places and spent more time with her than any other friend I've had. In the beginning of our friendship, we definitely had the "Impression Stage". You know, the beginning of every relationship where you make yourself a better person and cover up your flaws so that you become closer. We had a long one. It might have lasted six months or so. But now, there's no secrets of our flaws. Although that sounds like a good thing, and truthfully it is, that also means that we fight about dumb things everyday and that's not fun at all. Nevermore, the fights usually end in silent resolutions or screamy phone calls and everything goes back to normal. (Now as I said before, I've been a good share of places with her, but that'd take too long to write right now. If you want to see the incredibly lengthy list of places I've been with JT, go to chapter "Pointless Information That is Time Consuming and a Little Fun to Read")
Plenty of other people that are not important in this book
And then, there is me
Kati Olivia (A.K.A. me)
I'm 5'7, and have thick hair to my waist, blue eyes, seventeen years old, and an oval shaped head. Odd characteristics to include in my description? Maybe. But now you have a good idea of what I look like in your head, don't you? Moving on, I previously lived in Dallas, Texas, but five days after my 13th birthday, we moved to San Diego, California. I can't say I don't miss my friends from Texas, but I can say that I'm not grateful for meeting my new ones. My mom, Amara, is a travel agent and the backbone of our entire family. We're quite selfish, making her do all the laundry, cook all the meals, drive all the kids. Hopefully she knows how grateful we are. My dad, Duxel, is the most comical person you'll meet. And take the word "comical" literally. He's written and published a total of seventeen comics. Impressive, I know. Lastly, we come to my brother, Danny. A shy, innocent 13 year old that loves books. Unheard of for a teenage boy, right? Well, he's exceptionally intelligent and although it may sound like he gets bullied for reading or whatnot, he has plenty of friends that are often over after school. Fortunately, I've always gotten along well with him.

And that concludes my first entry. KO