Introduction

I've read so many different books that started so many different ways. One may start with an inspiring hook that is supposed to lead the reader into deep interest (Been there, done that). Maybe another starts in the middle of the book, at the climax, so that the reader will have something to look forward to (Won a national award with that one). Or maybe it just starts with a nice introduction of the main character (Too boring and mainstream for me). But whether you like it or not, I just started the book, and this is my intro. No inspiration, no hints, no explanation. Just this. Welcome. And by that, I mean welcome to my make believe world on my big laptop from my desk. It's an honor to have you here with me.
Let's get some things straight. I'm not a grumpy author that hates that they're writing a book and honestly has no idea what they're doing here, always denying that the ending of their book will not be sentimental (which it always is). I'm also not the super-deep-sentimental type either, who over-exaggerates every string of reality, fabricating the romance story into a soppy fairytale. I might be a mix but who knows. All I can prepare you for is that I am going to write what I want and when I want it. It may not make sense at first but let's trust that I'll find my way there. I've tried this whole "writing a book" situation before, for some reason a lot of people enjoyed it and wanted me to finish my book (which I got quite far into) but it wasn't working for me. I was writing about something that other people wanted to read but it wasn't something I wanted to write.
Traditionally, teachers in school make you write lengthy argumentative or non fiction essays that mean absolutely nothing to you, and typically, since you do not enjoy writing it, it turns out to be crap. And that's okay, because you did it and you tried. But think if someone gave you an empty book, no cover, no words, no anything. Then they tell you, "Write." You can do anything you want. Write about your day, write a letter to someone you love, write an action story on how some cool, made-up superhero saves the beautiful girl he's always secretly loved from a mastermind super villain. That is what I'm doing. Okay, maybe not exactly that, but you get the gist.
So, while you're reading this, remember the phrase "artistic freedom". You may not be interested in whatever I have to write about in this book and that's just fine with me. No one's forcing you to read this. I guess if I have nothing else to say, let's begin the artistic freedom.