19.

Stone returns to her room where McAllister was waiting for her, "happy birthday," he smiles at her as his kisses her forehead, before sitting down on the bed.

"You didn't tell me you were engaged to the Vampire King," Amoura shrugs as she leans back against the desk.

"I didn't think it mattered whether he was king or not," she replies casually.

"I guess you're right its not," He extends his hand, she smiles and takes it. He pulls her in and starts removing her clothes and kisses her shoulders, neck, and jaw while counting.

"You can stop at twenty-two," Amoura mutters as she straddles him and pushes him onto the bed.

He kisses her on the lips, 'twenty-one," he mumbles before flipping her over and catching her lips and slipping his tongue in.

"Twenty-two," she mutters breathlessly.

Morning comes with McAllister grumbling on the floor, "seventh time you've shoved me off the bed," he grumbles annoyed.

"I told you I didn't like cuddling."

He glares at her as he picks up his clothes. He grabs her chin and kisses her, "get used to it, 'cause I do." He deepens the kiss, that sends tingles down her spine.

"How did I get pulled into this?" She mutters.

"It's the eyes," Stone rolls her eyes as he smiles at her and slowly wings her back into the bed.

"Why must I compromise my sleep?" She asks him.

"Because you compromised my rule of never falling for someone," he replies seriously.

He kisses her, "the least you can do is take some responsibility and share the bed," He teleports out, leaving her wanting more and to avoid being seen.

"Asshole."

Later that day Stone, Williams, Coon, and Row are given their new uniforms, "did you hear S.L Monty and Chavis got ambushed and half their squad was killed." Williams says as he figures out how to close his jacket. Amoura's uniform was more of a jumpsuit that took pulling on the cloth belt to open up so she can easily slip out. Male wolves like Row and Williams have black long sleeve shirts that have Velcro on the inside with decorative buttons on top to make it look like its a button up, with black pants that have Velcro on the outer sides, hidden by the pants sown thread.

"I heard the Generals have agreed to take the fight to them." Row says as he walks up to them with his second tray of food.

"You alright there Stone? You look uncomfortable," Amoura glares at her chest.

"Yeah, the bra in this uniform is worse than the other one. A woman with small breasts made this," Amoura mutters as she rearranges her breast again.

"'This is all my mothers' fault," Stone mutters as she gets the bra to act like a bra.

"Why is it her fault?" Row asks amused.

"Because I get the big boobs from her gene pool," She mutters as the bra only grows uncomfortable.

"And your father doesn't have big breast genes?" She stops and looks at them.

"I know you all are using this moment to talk about my breast but I don't care because I'm not comfortable in this uniform."

The mall warning alarm goes off and they all rush to the parking lot facing the city. "S.L's get your squads ready you all leave now, if you were promoted to Captain, you will resume your position of S.L till this matter is dealt with, we need to stay structured and focus, we don't have time to get new S.L's prepared for S.L duties. Shifters be mindful of the frequencies and if your losing control remembers there's a tranquilizer gun the left pocket of your new uniform, use it. Your fellow squadmates will help you for they'll be glad you didn't tear them apart. Alright, get to the vehicles!" General Lance shouts and everyone rushes off.

As soon as all ten units drive past the barricades they go into radio silence. Just as they get onto the freeway the vehicle Stone was in flips over as the whole freeway explodes.

Survivors yelling to others to stay down, while those who aren't injured pull those who are wounded across the ruins of the freeway away from the gunfire coming from the hospital. Two-thirds of Stone's body was pinned between a vehicle and the freeway barrier. So as Williams shouts for her Stone watches him as he gets distracted helping another rook. She wants to call out to him but she's trapped in a daze. The freeway was just about cleared when the second set of bombs go off and Stone goes flying into an abandoned restaurant window. She lands on tables and from where she is she has the perfect view of the planes that drop bombs over the mall where the base is.

Stone was closer to the darkness when three people approach her, "is this her General?" A blonde woman asks as the General walks up to Stone and raises her face to his.

"Yes, alright Henry get her so we can get out of here," General Alzack releases her chin and a tall stocky vampire throws Stone over his shoulders and onto a black suburban floor.