Chapter 31 - Relaxation

23rd of May, 2007
Michael is 48, Angela is 43

Angela: Michael led me into the master bedroom he had redone, again, after I told him it would be too much to go sleep there again.

"This time you'll love it even more than the last time," he said excitedly. "I even had AJ's nursery redone."

I smiled at him, totally forgetting about how big his, well our, bedroom actually is. It's a 3 story bedroom. We sleep downstairs, AJ's nursery is on the second floor, and the third floor had another bed in it. Michael said it was just in case I'd kick him out of bed when I'll be uncomfortable in these last months of the pregnancy.

I was feeling a lot better, physically and mentally.

We went back to Dr. Avery last week, and it went well. I started being happy again, I didn't have nightmares so often after our talk with her. She said that after I move on from what happened to me, we can start working on Michael and I.

Physically, I was doing okay. It didn't hurt to walk anymore, and my bruises were finally starting to fade a little.

We had the amniotic fluid test done; after my two-day very strict bedrest, Dr. Haring said it's all okay. AJ is fine, she made it through. And she was already put on the transplant waiting list.

"You ready?" Michael asked.

I nodded and he opened the door. I gasped.

"Michael... It's-"

"I know."

The room looked like a cabin. Everything was made from wood, it was beautiful. It smelled amazing, too. All that was missing was a warm fire and a snowy weather.

"Come see AJ's nursery. You'll love it," Michael said and pulled me towards the small staircase. "But close your eyes."

I sighed, closing my eyes, and he took me up the stairs.

"Ready? Open 'em."

"Oh, my God... Michael this is beautiful... It really is." my eyes teared up.

The nursery matched the wooden scheme of our room.

Michael crouched down in front of my bump and uncovered it. "Do you like this?"

AJ kicked, making him smile widely.

"Thank you for this, Mike." I told him.

I was about to lean down and kiss him. It was our first kiss since what happened.

But, the doorbell rang, telling us Katherine and Michael's sisters along with the kids were here.

I haven't seen the kids in forever and neither did Michael. They were half of the time at my parents' and the other half at Michael's parents'.

I couldn't let them see me in the state I was in a couple of weeks ago, but now since I'm feeling way better, I told Michael they need to come back because I can't go any longer without my babies.

All they were told was that I was very sick and that their dad was helping me.

Before leaving the bedroom, I fixed my long-sleeved shirt so the bruises on my arms wouldn't show.

I waddled my way after Michael who was already at the door. He opened it wide, and the kids ran inside and attacked me in a giant group hug.

"Mommy, you got so big!" Lily gasped and hugged my stomach tighter.

"Careful, sweetheart," my husband told her. "Your mother is still feeling a bit under the weather."

"Sorry, dad." she frowned and pulled away.