Chapter 1 - Hate

10th of January, 2006
Michael is 47, Angela is 41

Angela: "Michael, where is my sandwich?!" I yelled across the living room.

"Just a second, babe." Michael's tone was mocking.

"Make it faster! I'm hungry, honey." I played along.

I hated this man more than I could ever hate someone.

But there I was, almost 8 months pregnant with his child. I'm sorry, children. I fell pregnant to the one man I hate the most, and with twins.

Michael entered the living room of his rented mansion that I had no choice but to stay in.

"Finally." I rolled my eyes as he handed me a plate with the sandwich I wanted.

"A simple 'thank you' would have been enough." he scoffed, sitting across from me.

"I don't have to thank you for anything. You knocked me up with two babies I didn't even want."

"You decided to keep 'em." he shrugged.

This bitch. I decided to keep them?!

"I had no choice. Jake wanted this."

His eyes suddenly turned darker, and he was about to say something, but the sound of the front door closing made him stand up.

"Mommy, we're home!" I heard my daughter,
Lily, say.

Her and Paris, Michael's daughter, walked hand in hand, both of them with matching braids.

Unlike her father, Paris was a sweetheart. A total cutie.

"Hey, girls. How was school?" Michael asked when he crouched down to hug the both of them.

I zoned out as the two girls spoke, focusing on the surprisingly good sandwich Michael made.

"Angela? What do you say?" I suddenly heard him.

"Huh?" I blinked.

"The girls want to join our checkup since their brothers are at my parents'."

"Sure." I said.

I totally forgot that we have a checkup today. Let alone that my son was spending the day with Michael's parents, along with his two step brothers.

Ugh, I can't believe my life has turned into the damn Brady Bunch.

"We should probably get ready, the car should be here soon." Michael told me.

"I'm eating." I stuffed more bread inside my mouth.

"Get up." he mouthed with a glare.

I groaned, shoving the empty plate into his hands.

It wasn't enough that I had to keep this act of Michael and I being the oh-so-happy married couple for the press, I had to do it in front of the children.

I couldn't believe I was lying to my own kids that I made with the only man I actually ever loved.

~

"Oh, well isn't this a surprise! You brought your two little girls to see the twins! Are you twins as well?" my doctor, Dr. Stevens, asked Lily and Paris.

"No, I'm Angela's daughter, and she's Michael's." Lily answered.

"I always forget about you two having a blended family. Funny, huh?" the doctor giggled.

Fucking hilarious.

I hated my doctor. She was the perkiest bitch that ever lived. Every little thing made her giggle and laugh and I just wanted to choke her every time I saw her. She was excited about everything. Even the fact that I had to push two babies out of my vagina.