Chapter 7 - Victory Day

13th of June, 2005
Michael is 46, Angela is 41

Angela: I gasped as I saw the two pink lines.

Covering my mouth, I started tearing up. I'm pregnant...

I returned to the bedroom where the TV was blaring with the news so I'd see how Michael's court was doing.

Today the jury was supposed to decide whether Michael is guilty or not.

He was coming out with Tom and his mother by his side, waving, but he was frowning.

"No... He has to win." I scrunched my eyebrows as I turned up the volume.

But then I saw a fan release white doves, and another one holding a sign that said 'Free of all charges'.

I sighed in relief and waited impatiently to tell Michael the great news I had.

~

"I'm going to sleep." Michael muttered when he entered the house.

"I have something to tell you..." I said.

"Not now, Angela. I'm tired."

I sighed, following him upstairs. He basically collapsed on the bed, not even bothering about taking off his clothes and changing into something more comfortable.

"Are you sure you don't want to hear what I have to say? You'll like it." I told him.

"Yes, I've just been through hell and all I want is to get some sleep."

I frowned, "Okay... Goodnight."

I switched off the lights, leaving the bedroom.

~

Michael: I woke up in the middle of the night, and decided to take a well needed shower.

As I took off my shirt, I noticed a little stick with a box next to it near the sink.

I read on the box that it was a pregnancy test, and my heart started beating faster. She's pregnant?

I picked the stick up and matched the results to what was written on the box.

She's pregnant... That's what she wanted to tell me. I'm such an ass.

I crawled back into bed, and tapped Angela's shoulder.

"Mmhm?" she asked sleepily.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, coming closer to her. "For being so ignorant when I came home. How are you feeling? Is my baby giving you trouble?"

"No, but his daddy is. How did you find out?"

"You left the pregnancy test on the counter in the bathroom..."

"Oh, yeah, I was eager to watch you on TV and see if you won." Angela mumbled.

"Aw, you care about me." I smiled.

"I just wanted to see if my husband and the father of my child was going to jail or not." she snickered.

Ouch.