Chapter 5 - False Alarm(s)

Too many beautiful pictures of Michael in mature era, too bad he almost never took off his sunglasses.

Sigh.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, there will be another one tomorrow!

~ShoamEmily

~

29th of August, 2004
Michael is 46, Angela is 40

Angela: "Oh, my Gosh, is that Beyoncé?" I asked Michael.

"Yes, she's a very good friend." he answered.

We were at this birthday bash that was held annually. But he claimed tonight was different, because he said we'll announce our engagement today.

And that's why I was flashing the giant diamond ring he bought me.

"I think I'll go tell the DJ to give me the stage," Michael said. "Be ready to go up there."

I nodded, letting go of his arm.

"Yo, sis!" Luciano called as he approached me. Of course, my family was invited too since we were supposed to announce such a big thing.

I hugged him, "Hi, Luci. How are you?"

"Really good, actually. How have you been doing with that boyfriend of yours?"

"We're more than amazing," I smiled, showing my engagement ring. "Guess who will be Mrs. Jackson in a matter of months?"

"Oh, shit. That's a huge rock, Ange." he let out a whistle.

"That's all you care about? No 'congrats, Angela' or something?"

"Uh, I hate to tell you this, sis, but both Rosa and I aren't so happy that you dated Michael in the first place... You replaced Jake way too soon."

Everyone on my family loved Jake. It really wasn't so hard loving him... He was such a charming man, and I was lucky enough to have been chosen by him.

"I needed to move on, Luci... Can't you just be happy for me?" I looked into my brother's eyes.

I was holding back the tears. I would never move on from Jake. I can't.

"Can I have your attention, please?" Michael's voice was suddenly heard all around us. "I'd like to make an announcement. Angela, baby, where are you?"

"Wish me luck." I said to Luciano.

I waved to him and made my way up on the stage.

Michael grabbed my hand and put the mic close to his mouth again.

"I'm very happy to be starting the next chapter in my life after being through a very hard time. I'm getting married... To the love of my life. Thank you for supporting me lately. I love you, and I can't wait for you to be my lawfully wedded wife." he took both sides of my face in his big hands and kissed me passionately.

And although I knew it was just an act, I couldn't help but want more.

The guests were cheering and clapping. Once we broke the kiss, I noticed my mother crying happy tears.