Chapter 25 - A Royal Ball

Four chapters left... ;'(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snug.

That was how my ball gown fit. It was a shimmery strapless, silver and black dress. I checked my reflection one last time. Sparkly silver fabric was fitted perfectly on my breast, as it slowly faded to sparkly black at the bottom. It flared out at my hips, making a beautiful ballgown.

A diamond necklace lined my neck and chest with perfection. My hair was in a beautiful bun, with my bangs left loose, and pulled behind my ears. Then there was loose curls that fell right in front of my ears. My eyes rested on the diamond tiara that rested peacefully on my head. It matched the necklace.

Black eyeliner lined my eyes, my eyelashes were coated in mascara. All over my body, from my arms to my face and chest, I had glitter on my skin. I made sure to put on some skin colored powder over my tattoo, to cover it.

I slipped on my black hills, then my mask. I didn't know why my mother had decided to make the ball, a masquerade one. My mask was a black too, and covered my face from my nose up. My lips, chin, and cheeks were left uncovered. And, I put one more coat of lip gloss on, before heading from my room.

I waited silently outside of the grand wooden doors, that led to the ballroom.

Mother and father greeted me as they joined.

"You look beautiful." Mother smiled at me.

"Thank you, Mother." I smiled back.

She nodded at me. I glanced over at Haile, who stood in the background, trying not to be noticed. He would probably keep an eye on me, but luckily, he would keep his distance.

I sighed as I heard the trumpets and the doors began to open.

"King Louis, and Queen Ruby!" the announcer yelled.

Father lended mother his elbow. "Are you ready, my dear?"

She smiled at him and took his elbow. "Of course."

They walked out gracefully, and the doors closed gently behind them.

I knew that everyone who would come was already waiting in the ballroom, enjoying the early hours of the ball.

I imagined mother and father walking down the stairs and onto the dance floor, mother's arm wrapped around father's.

So gracefully.

The doors began to open again. "Your future queen, Princess Dusk!"

The doors opened, and wind blew on me, blowing the two curly strands of my hair slightly.

I put on a bright smile, and grabbed the sides of my dress as I descended down the stairs.

The ballroom was, by far, the most beautiful, and grandest room of the entire castle. With it's shiny marble floors, and crystal chandeliers.

People glanced up at me as I entered, my eyes wondered over faces of people. There was only one problem: it was a masquerade ball. That meant that everyone was required to wear a mask.

As soon as my foot hit the ground, I was already taken up, and dancing. The music began to play and I was spinning around and around. I focused on the face, trying to figure out if I knew this man.

His brown hair on his head, matched the brown of his eyes.

"Princess." He smirked.

That smirk welcomed me. I knew it very well. I smirked back. "Hello, Eli."