¤ Friends ¤

"Okay class, today we have to carry out an experiment on alkali solution. You're going to be working in pairs. I'll call out the names of the pairs and then you can start." Mr. Henry, the Chemistry teacher announced.

Keegan was annoyed when he announced that they would be doing the experiment in pairs. In the previous days, she had to do it all alone because she got paired up with the school loner Alice everytime. She'd always stay without doing anything whatsoever and just look as Keegan worked.

Hence she was surprised when Mr. Henry called her name and paired her up with Xael Walcott. Was it a coincidence that they met every day?

"Hey," Xael smiled at her.

"Shall we start?" Keegan said without greeting him.

"Seriously, do you like Chemistry that much? In History class, you always fall asleep." Xael laughed softly.

"Hey, History is my arch enemy. I like all the subjects except that." She replied.

After their small conversation, they both started working on the experiment in silence.

                        ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

After class, Keegan and Xael walked to the cafeteria as it was lunch time. They both were silent and lost in their own thoughts when suddenly a noise from behind halted their steps.

"Hey, you idiot, do this for me." A tall, brown-haired girl yelled at the girl who stood next to her, wearing big nerd glasses. She looked horrified by the angry tone.

"Hey mute, speak up." She said again before putting her hand on the pitiful girl's shoulder and pushing her hand against the locker.

"Guys, calm down." Keegan said, rushing to help the poor girl who was cowering against the locker.

"Loco Poco again. Can't you just mind your own business?" Hayden snapped loudly.

"Look, why are you disturbing Mandy? If you need someone to do your homework, just do it yourself and apologize to her." Keegan said and pulled Mandy to her feet.

"Just shut up, Loco Poco. I don't need to apologize to anyone." Hayden replied with a smirk.

"If you interfere with my business, I should return the favor shouldn't I?" She started walking towards Keegan with an evil smile.

"Look! Ms. A is coming. Ms. A!" Keegan called loudly and started waving her arms all over the place like a windmill.

Hayden and her minions spun around to see if their history teacher was there. Keegan bent down and grabbing Mandy's hand, ran away with light footsteps. When they looked back to yell at Keegan, she was long gone with Mandy.

Xael was watching the scene from a small distance away and laughed loudly for the prank keegan had just pulled to escape.

                          ¤¤¤¤¤¤
The final bell rang, welcoming the students as they rushed out of classes, Xael strolled towards the library. No one was around apart from the librarian. He started searching for the shelves for a book required to do his biology assignment. He stepped to the corner shelf of the library, and found himself tripping over something and about to fall down. He only just managed to grab on to a shelf and not fall on his face.

"Who the hell are you?" He demanded furiously without looking down at the person and picked up the books that had fallen.

"It's me." Keegan looked up at him.

"You're like a mouse, hiding in the corner." Xael said to her.

"I didn't see you coming." She said defensively.

"Why are you still here in the library?" Xael asked.

"Partying with the books," she said, her voice laced with sarcasm. "Why are you here?" She added.

"Why are you hiding?" Xael fired back as he pulled a book from the shelf and checked it.

"I'm not hiding. By the way, if you didn't notice, I was reading something before a cartain someone interrupted me." Keegan stood up pulling her dark blue and white striped backpack and slung it over her shoulder.

"Hey, can you help me find this book?" Xael asked, showing her the name he had noted on his book.

"Why me? I don't know," keegan replied and hurried away before he could as her anything else. Xael searched the book shelves for that book but had no luck.

"Here you go," someone tapped lightly on his shoulder.

"I knew you'd help me. Thanks." Xael smiled at her and took back that book.

"I just saw it while I was passing by a shelf," keegan replied, rolling her eyes.

"I want to give you a treat for this." Xael said.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to." Keegan turned down the invitation and started walking but Xael grabbed her hand from behind.

"Come on, I'll drop you home. I promise."

He walked out of the library after checking out the book and made his way towards the gate.

"Can you just let go of my hand? I'll go, okay?" Keegan hissed.

"Okay." Xael said, smiling at her.

                          ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
After the ride on Xael's motorcycle, they both headed towards a coffee shop. Xael went to the counter to place their order while Keegan chose a seat near the window.

It was a tiny coffee shop near the school. Inside, there were tables,each with two chairs. Xael came and took a seat infront of her.

After a few minutes, two coffees and a blueberry cake slice was placed infront of them.

"Thanks." Xael said to the waiter, and she nodded with a smile.

"Here it is. Your favourite, I guess." Xael said looking at her face.

Keegan looked down at the cake and back up to Xael's face before bursting into laughter.

"This is the first time I'm seeing you laugh," Xael commented.

"I'm laughing no laughing because of the cake. I actually hate blue berry cakes and you said it's my favorite" Keegan said, holding onto her stomach.

"But you said you liked blueberry on the day we introduced ourselves." Xael replied in shock.

"Oh! I only said i liked it. I lied. Anyway, it's good that you remembered what I said. Really impressive." Keegan finally said, stopping her laughing.

                           ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
"Tell me your place, I'll drop you" Xael asked when he sat on his bike.

"Its okay, I can walk by myself," Keegan replied with a smile.

"Okay, see you tomorrow then. Thanks for today. You're an amazing friend."

"Did I say that we were friend?" Keegan questioned.

"No, but I have decided that we are friends." Xael smiled.

"Okay, bye." Keegan replied and started walking home.

After a few steps, she turned back to see Xael starting his bike.

"Hey! You are my friend." She called out loudly waving her hand, Xael smiled to her and waved back before making his way towards his house.

                        **********

A/V NOTES
Sorry for late update.
Thanks for reading and voting
Hope you like this part. :)