^ Propose ^

After hanging out with Keegan and Ellie, Xael and Ellie headed back home for dinner. Ellie, Xael and his mom Britt were getting started on dinner.

“I think you should tell her everything.” Ellie broke the silence.

“Who’re you are talking about?” Xael questioned.

“You and Keegan, of course!” Britt answered his question.

Ellie and Xael were shocked by Britt answer.

“Oh come on. You thought I didn’t know what’s going on? Keegan’s a good girl, it’s obvious that you like her. I really like her too.” Britt said to Xael.

“I know mom, she is, but I don’t think she will return my feelings. What if she didn’t talk me after I tell her?” Xael replied in a disappointed tone.

“No. She wouldn’t do that. From what I’ve seen, I’d bet anything that she likes you too. Just give it a try.” Ellie suggested.

Xael thought about it for a while. On one hand, he was worried that it was gonna ruin their friendship. But on the other hand, if he didn’t tell her what he felt, he’d always wonder what could have happened if he did. Making his decision, he nodded at his mom and Ellie.

Later that night, Xael called Keegan. She picked up on the first ring.

“Yes Xael.” She said before Xael spoke. He could hear that she was pleased that he called from her voice.

“Yeah Kea, I was planning… no actually Ellie planned to go to the mall tomorrow and told me to ask you if you wanted to come with us. It would be really great if you came. I’m sure you don’t have anything better to do anyway.” He teased.

“Yeah I don’t, you got that right. Sure, I’ll come with you guys,” she answered.

“So be ready by 10 tomorrow. I’ll pick you up!” Xael said and hung the phone.
The next day, three of them went to the mall. The biggest mall in town. It was quite huge. It was crowded with people. They had fun and bought a lot of stuff for Ellie because it was her last day there.

After a few hours, it was time for Ellie to go to the airport. Keegan went with Xael to drop her off.

“Thanks for everything, guys. I had a really great time,” Ellie hugged them both.

“And it was so nice meeting you. Make sure you text me every once in a while!” she told Keegan.

“Of course,” she promised.

“Okay, I gotta go. I’m gonna miss you so much.” She hugged Xael one last time and walked inside.

After she left, they drove back in Xael’s mom’s car. Instead of stopping in front of her house, Xael drove right past it.
“Er, where are we going?” she asked, confused.

“It’s a surprise,” he grinned at her.
When the car finally stopped, Keegan got out to see that they were near the mountain.

“This is our spot, what’s the surprise?” Keegan asked eagerly.

Without replying to her, Xael took her hand and started walking up the small mountain. When they were at the top, Xael lead her into the cottage. The inside was decorated with candles and there was a small table with a picnic basket on top of it.

“Wow, when did you do all this?” Keegan asked in wonder.

“That’s not important. Now, let’s eat something.” Xael settled down on one of the two chairs near the table.

After eating, they wandered outside. The sun had set and it was dark outside. It was a starry night and a soft breeze played with their hair. Xael grabbed her hand and they sat down on the bench.

“Do you remember the time where we met in this exact same spot?” Xael asked.

“Of course I do. How could I forget that epic conversation we had?” Keegan said with a laugh.

“That wasn’t the only thing that happened in that moment,” he said, giving her a side glance.

“What do you mean?” she tilted her head.

“It was also the moment I started liking you. I liked your confidence, and I remember thinking you were really cute, even when you were drenched in the rain,” he chuckled softly.

“What I’m trying to say here is, I like you Keegan. I like you a lot.” He was looking at her, trying to gauge her reaction.

Keegan was speechless. She was frozen but inside, she was bursting with joy. Xael likes me! He actually likes me!
“So, what do you think?” He looked nervous.

“I don’t know what to say, this is all new to me. But I’ve come to realize that I like you too,” she said breathlessly.

Xael couldn’t keep the smile off his face. He had been so worried that she would turn him down. He pulled her to his side and hugged her. They stayed that way for a few minutes and then drew apart.

“We’ve both shared our problems and our feelings with each other. And we will in the future too. I know we can make this work, I have enough faith in us,” Xael looked into her eyes.

“Thank you so much, Xael, for being there for me. I don’t know what I would have done without you,” Keegan smiled up at him.

Xael slowly leaned in towards her. Keegan’s heart started racing and she closed her eyes. And when Xael’s lips met hers, they both felt the explosion of sparks between them.

After a few seconds, they pulled away and Xael put an arm around her shoulders as their eyes moved upwards, watching the night sky together.

THE END

                        💥💥💥💥

A/N
Tada...finally done with the story.
Hope you all loved the plot and enjoyed reading it.
Thank you all who enjoyed reading my very first one. Specially thanks to Ansh and Rifa, who both helped me with editing. I guess I couldn't complete this without your help so really thanks from bottom of my heart. And love you both
Keep reading, vote and comment on your favorite chapter.
Take care and love you all!!!
ShiBa