19; distrust

"You don't have to play if you don't want to." Raven frowned up at me, turned out that we were playing every game in the book! Raven was a huge fan of game boards. We're currently sprawled out on her living room floor eating Churros and playing chess.

We had currently finished playing other board games. Such as checkers, Shogi, Go, Pachisi, you name it. "Why do you have so much board games?" I questioned her. She shrugged.

"I've always like them as a kid, strategizing. I liked out thinking my opponent, I was always ten steps ahead." She said softly butting into her churro and moving her game piece. I was stuck.

If I moved my pawn here, she'd snatch my king. But if I moved my pawn over her. She had four steps closer. I itched my head in panic. I lifted my pawn, moving a step away. Leaving my king vulnerable.

"Humph." Raven huffed. I dyed her. "What's wrong? Was that a good move?" I smirked. She chuckled. "Terrible move actually, you had a better chance at snatching my horse with that four plates." She sneered.

Then her grin slowly faded. "It's just, you weren't hesitant on on risking your pawn and the King." She stuttered.

"It's just a game."

"Your brain isn't." She added. "You're risking your self and your kings life, taking one move while the opponent has four other moves to snatch the king and you. I'm afraid that you'd actually risk that, in an actual fight." She mumbled.

"Chess is a test for strategist." She responded. "I was even more worried when I seen you automatically use your Climbing Silver while we played Shogi. Don't risk your life okay?" She asked. I nodded. She then smirked moving her piece three steps closer to mine. She snatched my pond before taking one more two and grabbed my king.

She was mocking me.

"I think you're an even better strategist than Stiles." I smirked. "I am, I'm not gonna lie. Stiles is one hell of a thinker but I'm more faster at think up strategies and plans." She answered a we began to put away the board game. I then felt my phone vibrate, I fished it out.

A picture of Stiles and I from when we were younger popped up. I answered. "Yoooo." I spoke.

Stiles was quiet for a while before speaking. "It's Scott, he's dead."

I dropped the phone. I stared at Raven who held a confused expression. "What?" She quizzed. I stared at my phone, then back at her. I felt tears cloud my vision before jumping up off my feet and dashing out her door.

___________

"You're sorry? You couldn't try harder! My boyfriend is dead!" I screamed grabbing Liam's fathers shirt. He tried calming me but I shoved him away from me. Punching the wall behind me, my anger began to cool down before I pressed my forehead against the wall thinking to myself.

He lied.

"Hey, Kelly. Come on." Stiles came to my aid, pulling me to his chest. "Your mom, she wants to see you." Stiles hummed. I let him drag me down the halls, I didn't care.

"It was a what?" I growled, balling my fist. "A plan." Travis said slowly and quietly. "Why in the hell would you think that's okay?" I replied, hanging my head low as I refused to gaze at Scotts body.

"We really needed Ravens plan to work." Roman rambled on. I felt my anger boiling. It was her plan!

She risked a move! How could she use her climbing silver as her fist move? Damn it!

I smacked my palm on one of the nearest tables and growled to myself. I exhaled sharply through my nostrils, a very thin puff of red mist escaped but I didn't waste anymore time on it. I balled my fist before punching the table to pieces.

"Kira.." I trailed off. She nervously hummed in response. I lifted my gaze, locking sights with her. "I'm counting on you." I hissed. She nodded.

I fled the room, refusing to cry in front of the pack. I felt myself beginning to calm down, I turned to the nearest wall and leaned against it. Letting out whimpers.

"Come on Scott." I whispered to myself. "You gotta make it through Scotty." I mumbled. A pair of feet came into sight, I followed their body. Travis stuck out a stuffed bunny, bouncing it's ears a few times before tutoring over and smiling. "What's this?" I asked, taking the bunny from him.

"Scott asked that we'd give it to you before the plan was put into motion." Travis shrugged taking a seat next to me. "Wha- But the plans already in motion?" I added. Travis sighed, scratching his next. "Not exactly." Before I could reply I felt a jolt of pain consume my entire body.

"Just know, we're really sorry." Travis but his lip, I growled before my vision was blurred.

__________

"Wake up! You look so vulnerable asleep it sickens me." The demonic voice boomed, Kelly rolled o to her knees. Standing up in the red mist. "Why'd they send me here?" She questioned the chained up demon.

"I'm guessing they wanted you to fix the barrier." She hissed in response. Kelly titled her head in confusion. "There's a bubble wall between us. It's translucent, I you could pop it I'll be yours and we'll have all the power in the world!" She demon smirked.

My eyes were glued to my palm. "All the power in the world?" I questioned. "Yes, yes!" She sneered. My eyes widened. What was I thinking? I crushed my hands. "You mean ill be yours. And you'll have all the power in the world?" I responded.

The demon remained silent. "No. No one will underestimate you!" The demon barked. I turned my back to it. "Scott will no longer see you as monstrous!" She screamed, causing the room to rumble. I made a halt.

The red mist consumed my ankles, turning me towards the barrier and slowly dragging me towards it. "Do it." She chanted. Scott...

I lifted my finger, leaning in closer to the barrier. Suddenly, I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and yank me towards their chest. I was confused but as soon as we touched the ground he turned me around, I gasped at the sight. I felt tears prickle the corner of my eyes.

"I've got you." He whispered.