Chapter Fifthteen

Start from the beginning

"I love it!" I hadn't taken my eyes off of it yet. It looked exactly like an engagement ring. It had one beautiful diamond in the centre and it looked like it was made out of white gold.

When I finally released my gaze from it, I looked up to Aiden's smiling face, getting up I pounced on him pushing him onto his back in surprise so I was on top. We laughed between kisses. As the sun began to set more sending now purple's throughout the sky, we blew out all the candles so we were now in complete darkness apart from the slowly disappearing sunlight and appearing moonlight. After a few minutes of kissing we continued to roll over switching who was on top. Clearly not realising how close we were to the edge, with one final rotation we fell off the pier and into the water a metre below.

We swam to the surface gasping for breath and clung onto the pier. We shared a look before bursting into laughter, we were so clumsy. My dress was pulling me down so I slipped it down my body and threw it onto the pier, Aiden did the same. We swum around for a while before heading back to the pier. It was dark but the closer we got it looked like a couple of people were standing on the pier near our setup.

"Aiden, who's that?" I breathed.

"I don't know, come on" Aiden began swimming ahead of me.

When we reached the pier there was an elderly couple looking around the pier and into the water where we were entering, suddenly the elderly woman noticed us.

"George, over there" She said pointing at us.

"Hello" The man called out to us, we reached the pier and Aiden, whilst treading water grabbed my waist and hoisted me up onto the pier, where the elderly man helped me up, the woman standing concerned. Aiden lifted himself up with ease and stood looking at the couple.

"Is something wrong?" Aiden broke the silence.

"We were walking along the beach and we saw you two fall in, we got here as fast as we could, although that's difficult at our age" She giggled, at that moment I realised that she had noticed that Aiden and I were in our underwear, I instantly covered myself by stepping behind Aiden, our clothes were soaked and in a heavy state so putting them on wasn't an option.

"Were fine thank-you, just an accident" Aiden chuckled.

"Is that a ring?" The elderly woman grinned as she noticed me fiddling with the promise ring Aiden had given me moments earlier.

"Oh, yes" I laughed as she took my hand to admire it, she was sweet and gentle. I noticed her ring too, she had obviously been married for a long time as the ring was a 1940's style ring, vintage. We briefly chatted about the ring while she summed up her amazing marriage to her husband for 50 years, George, who was halfway down the pier talking to Aiden, they looked like they were having a good time, laughing together in a manly style.

After saying goodbye Aiden and I packed up the candles and un-eaten food into the basket along with our clothes and began to walk back to the hotel. On the way we passed several boys, one of them was on the floor curled into a ball while the others shouted at him. Aiden stopped and held me tighter and all of a sudden one of the standing boys kicked the boy on the floor who appeared smaller than the rest. I gasped and Aiden let go of me and jogged towards the boys, I followed feeling the same desperation to stop them.

"Hey" I yelled when we reached them, then I recognised them, they were the boys from the lobby and the breakfast hall again, apart from half of the group was missing. Aiden pushed the boys chest, away from the boy on the ground who I was helping to his feet and I pushed behind me in a protective manor.

"Get out of my face" The boy growled at Aiden, he was slightly smaller so Aiden was more intimidating.

"No, you're hurting this poor guy and I don't even know who the hell you are or who the hell you think you are."

"I'll hurt you in a minute" The boy stepped closer, their faces were only millimetres apart.

I ran over and pushed them apart, keeping my eyes on Aiden the whole time who was getting really angry.

"I'll rip you apart before you hurt me" Aiden threatened. The boy looked at me and pulled my arm towards him, Aiden lashed and punched him straight in the nose, the boy crumbled and Aiden pulled me back behind him. The boy now had a broken nose. I had forgotten about the second boy this whole time, I turned around and he was just watching the whole scene. He had no balls, clearly. I walked over to the injured boy who only looked about 16 years old.

"Come on" I comforted, walking him to the sea where I knelt him down and washed his wounds with the warm salt water. I looked behind me and Aiden was walking over to us, leaving the second boy to nurse his friends nose. The injured boy looked more upset then angry, clearly regretting  his actions.

I was hoping more than anything that the boy wouldn't want revenge.